10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 4, 2011 4:58 PM by razorbackfan RSS

Space Shots

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Here's a shot from the International Space Station of our summer home, Cape Cod Massachusetts, USA. I am waving at the elbow of the landmass.

Thanks NASA

CC from space.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Space Shots
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS,

Is that you?

I do see the Marriott at Wentworth by the Sea!  They left the light on for me.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

What you can't see Jerry is the traffic piled up on Route 6 leaving and entering the Cape on a weekend! And yes that's me holding up the flag at the corner of Stepping Stones and Old Queen Anne roads there in Chatham.

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

Now I understand why the water has that somewhat ethereal glow around the cape. It's obviously from your bringing light and erudition while in residence!

And Jerry, I thought that light at the Wentworth was for me - I'm going to be spending Thanksgiving there!

Thanks NH.

NH,

You are in for a treat!

Say hi to this "Pro", Ben is F&B Manager and runs a great dining room.  Make your reservations for T-Day NOW!  This is ONE popular spot among tourists and locals.  Well worth it!

Great CL, hope you get upgraded!  Was there last Christmas and the holiday atmosphere was wonderful.  I took advice from former Ambassador TJC, and he IMG_1299.JPG"Steered me right"!

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

Thank's for the advice, Jerry. Their Sunday brunch is also fantastic. I always leave feeling as if I need to run a marathon just to get back in shape.

NH,

Yes, what a brunch.  Are you familiar with the Library Steakhouse in town, by Wentworth.  I wish I would have dined there.  Instead I chose another place that was not good at all!  Here is a picture of the Library and it sure looked good.

IMG_1295.JPG

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

We observed the International Space Station as it zoomed overhead last night and it brought back the memory of our trip to see the launch of STS132.

STS132_4138.jpg

Launch2.jpg

Rollover.jpg

Razorbackfan,

Fantastic photo's!  I miss the shuttle launches after seeing 39 of them.  I am headed to the FF in Titusville this week-end and will be with my family who live in that area.  Hope to get some more pictures of the area and publish them next week.

Seeing a space shot is a fantastic experience, especially a night shot!  I just hope we will some more in the future.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Hi Jerry,

Thanks, I'll let my husband know since he is the photographer in the family.  Unfortunately that was the only launch we got to see.  We really wanted to see a night launch, but it just never worked out.  We stayed at the FI in Titusville the night before the launch and were pleased with the property.  Like you, we hope there will be more launches.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...