7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2011 8:24 PM by jerrycoin RSS

The big world--is it too big?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Recently another Insider posed a very legitimate question about a thread on celebrity sightings and whether if fit with the overall concept of Insiders as a travel-related community.  This sparked my interest in seeing what other Insiders think of the purpose of Insiders, the breadth of topics on the site, the threads that seem not to be dealing with trravel, and whether some correction or guidance from the community manager is needed?

What say all of you?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: The big world--is it too big?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Personally, I find it interesting.  It's fun to see other's photo's and experiences.  Frankly, it's better to share these activities with others who appreciate them than "Bore" people who could care less.  Glad to find so much happiness out there!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I hear you and I agree--this is much cheaper than therapy!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I also find it interesting.  I think that the creation of different groups, that topics like this can be posted in, gives a natural of filtering for those who prefer to read topics on just travel, locations, or rewards tips.  I think this might be why we have groups such as "Other Topics" and "Community Suggestions".  For those of who enjoy talking about anything a little off of direct travel questions, we can utilize these areas.  For those who prefer only more direct travel type of discussions, they can engage in the groups such as "Travel Tips", "Destinations", and other similar groups.  I hope that as people become more familiar with filtering and finding just what they're interested in seeing, they will care less if there are discussions out there in other groups that are not something they are interested in.  The key will be to try and keep our discussions, started in the groups that we think they should be in.  It may require a little moving of some discussions to a different group from time to time, and I hope that is something that the system will handle.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Well stated. I am with you 100%.

Yes we can steer but essentially we are bystanders in a great adventure.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I feel lilke this site should have some fun to it also. Unless we see a majority of Insiders are against such posts then they should continue. We should not let one or two insiders cause us to stop these type postings. However, if we see many more who are unhappy with these type postings, then we should consider reducing this activity. As I have stated before, if you don't like a particular post, you can by pass it and not waste your time reviewing or commenting on these type posts. IMHO.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...