5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2011 4:58 PM by tef6178 RSS

Not getting elite nights for booking a vacation package?

surfclubber Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I booked a trip on marriott.com a vacation package to hawaii in september. I have been looking for my 7 nights to pop up on my account.  They have not and its been over a month. so i contacted someone at marriott and they told me that you do not get elite night credits for any hotels booked as a vacation package.  

I do not think this is right.

Has anyone else had this problem?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Not getting elite nights for booking a vacation package?
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

surfclubber:

I looked under the FAQ's on the 'Vacations by Marriott' page and one of the questions is whether or not Rewards points are received. The answer states that 5000 Rewards points will be given for a vacation package and the points are not based on the hotel price and elite night credit is not applicable.

The Terms and Conditions make no mention of Reward points or elite nights that I could see. It was only mentioned in the FAQ's.

That being said, it seems unreasonable that Marriott would not extend the elite night credit for using a 'Marriott advertised service' to book a stay, of any type, at a Marriott hotel. I agree it does not seem right. Quite frankly, it seems very wrong.

Maybe the Community Manager can give us some better reasoning for this apparent shortcoming in their 'Vacations by Marriott' arrangement.

If not getting elite credit, why use the service? I looked at pricing and the price points didn't seem all that great to me for the time period I looked at.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

heatherjt Marriott Associate

tef6178 is correct in that Vacations by Marriott currently offer members a fixed earnings of 5,000 points (sometimes 10,000 when a promotion is running) and these bookings do not count toward elite night credits.  I agree, however, that the latter seems incongruous to the offering so I'll be following up internally to see if this is something we can change.  Thanks!

surfclubber Platinum

I emailed the elite customer service last week. They gave me my nights and also the 5000 points that never posted either. I never said anything about it being from  package just emailed the copy of the hotel bill.

I will not be using the vacation packages again that is for sure.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...