18 Replies Latest reply: Nov 4, 2011 3:26 PM by anadyr RSS

Mysterious log in (second try)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just logged into Marriott.com and got the following screen

The official site for hotel reservations for Marriott hotels and beach resorts at Marriott.com - Mozilla Firefox 1132011 20938 PM.bmp.jpg

It tells me that my search (not yet completed) resulted in finding over 3100 hotels!  This has just started happening today.  Has anyone else seen this phenomenon, and if so can you recommend a fix?

Notice that it wants to sign in and I already have to get to this location.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Mysterious log in
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

As a Super Star, you should be able to figure this out. I bet the Marriott set you up to see how computer literate you are? Have you tried logging out and logging back in again. Whenever I seem to have a glitch with the system, this seems to work!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I have a gold key, courtesy of Marriott on my supercomputer that normally defeats every login attempt to another chain, but this time it did not work

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I'm jealous.  I didn't get a gold key, just a plastic one.  At least it opens my door.  From looking at the screen, it could be that the hotel locator lost the location and state and was trying to give you a list of the whole US, or maybe even the whole world.  You really do have the world at your fingertips .

The key is not for public knowledge, so keep it between us!  Don't want Jasper100 to be envious

gold key.jpg

Nicely done!

I can fax you a key if you need one!  Actually Photoshopping one is more fun

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Stoney,

I'm just getting the little box with the red x in your screen shot above. Is that what you see?

Methinks that the gremlins are at work here, and hot that ungainly little car of the1960s. My photo file might have been too large

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Now the map is clearly visible on your screen shot..all fixed.   That has not happened to me and I am searching at least 3 days per week.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Rated one of the 50 'worst' cars of all time............but if you owned it (I didn't)....you loved it!!! (Iknew a couple of people who did and never stopped talking about it)

I wonder where the Edsel was ranked?

Not the ugliest but one of them--here is my favorite: The 2002 Pontiac Aztek in schoolbus yellow!

Pontiac-Aztek-2002.jpg

And to tie these pictures to travel quickly, I have to defend that these would be used to travel to many Marriott locations!

The valet  parker might take these with no tip since they are classics.  Only the Yugo could be better suited for this honor.

As imported from TIME magazine....

Malcolm Bricklin, he of the Bricklin SV1, wouldn't be satisfied until he had forced every American to walk to work. To that end, in 1985, he began importing the Yugo GV, which turned out to be the Mona Lisa of bad cars. Built in Soviet-bloc Yugoslavia, the Yugo had the distinct feeling of something assembled at gunpoint. Interestingly, in a car where "carpet" was listed as a standard feature, the Yugo had a rear-window defroster — reportedly to keep your hands warm while you pushed it. The engines went ka-blooey, the electrical system — such as it was — would sizzle, and things would just fall off. Yugo. Or not

1985 Yugo GV

Yugo

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1658545_1658533_1658529,00.html #ixzz1ckm874le

Do you remember the rope handles for the doors?

Really?

Apparently the innovations on the Yugo were limitless......no wonder it was priced less than $4000.

I once saw a lowrider Yugo, and wondered why you'd go the trouble? Asked the driver who told me it was bad springs!

I see the same thing as painedplatinum.  When I right click on the little box and tell it to open in another screen, it takes me to a Marriott screen that that says the page can't be found.  I think they must have been doing some software updates or something.  Are you still getting the problem when you close your browser and then open it again and try the search now? I do remember yesterday searching for a location and finding 4 hits, and then trying the same search later and getting a lot more locations.  It seemed that the new locations were just ones that were farther away and that the range of search had widened or something.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...