14 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2011 3:45 PM by painedplatinum RSS

Free breakfast

captvancouver Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Has Marriott changed its policy on offering free breakfast (or concierge access) to gold status members on the weekend? Their on-line policy for USA and Canada says that access to the concierge lounge is Monday to Friday, business hours only. Overseas it's seven days a week. I'm new on this forum, and would appreciate if someone could set me straight.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Free breakfast
    spurfan Platinum

Depends on brand of Marriott hotel.  For example, Courtyards do not provide breakfast period.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Many Marriott properties with CLs will close them on weekends (not all but most seem to). In lieu of not having a CL for weekends, most will offer free breakfast certificates to be used in the property's restaurant. As for CYs, it's been many years since they offered any form of free breakfast, so the previous poster is correct. (There are exceptions - some corporate rates have free breakfast included in the negotiations.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

The Marriott program (terms and conditions) only offers breakfast Monday thru Friday and not at any resort locations. There are Courtyards that offer free breakfast, but it's difficult to know if they do before one gets there as the info is not posted on their hotel page. The Courtyard in South Boston offers free breakfast to Platinums as I had booked a reservation WITH breakfast and the check-in associate told me that they offer free brkfst for Plat's at their hotel and changed my rate to a lower rate (nice touch).

I find it a rare occasion that a free breakfast is offered on the weekend at any Marriott property. I imagine there are some uber stayers that are offered free weekend breakfasts, but a lowly Platinum such as I rarely score the weekend freebie.

The complete T&C can be seen here:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/elite.mi

Scroll to "Additional Platinum and Gold Benefits:" and see Item #4

Hope this helps.

kristyw Platinum 3 Reviews

I have a group traveling to the Indian Ocean right now and I was told that all Marriott's in Hawaii do not have Concierge privileges at all.   All meals at any hotel in Hawaii (Marriott brand) are not available in this area.    Any thought's on why a popular location would not have some of the program perks available for frequent Marriott Reward Travelers?   They do offer it in Guam?  Why not Hawaii?

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Yo Kristy,

If you ever need someone to travel along with one of your groups, for let's say....free, I'd be happy to arrive a day ahead and ensure our good friends at Marriott roll out the red carpets.

Your Good Friend in a Time of Need,

PP

Are you an engineer, pilot, flight engineer, navigator, meteorologist, systems analyst, avionics tech (to name a few) ??? - lol  Environmental research team and their research -

I will let them know and see what that can offer you to do - I like to socialize on the flights drinking coffee and sit in the cockpit and chit chat while they do all the technical stuff (haha).  

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

Kristyw - Do you have to be a properly educated meteorologist? I have a barograph (recording barometer) anemometer and wind vane, etc set up at my condo and served as a cooperative observer for the US Weather Bureau for a time in the 1960's. If that counts, I'll be happy to take painedplatinum with me, educate him about weather on the flight, and make sure that the red carpets are indeed out. His idea of cost sounded good to me, and I'm sure that with two of us working on the red carpet treatment, you're sure to get something in return. (OK fellow Insiders - no sarcastic remarks about what they will get after painedplatinum and I work our wonders!)

We do tours but not sure about rides on the aircraft - are you in the media by chance?    CNN, MSNBC, Fox etc fly with us all the time when reporting on the mission (hurricanes etc).    The crew are fully trained Marriott Reward Members though!!!   Marriott is the way to go for perfect service to our crew.    Rarely a complaint comes back to me when they do travel to research projects about the Marriott they stayed at.   Here is pic from yesterday from balcony at Guam Marriott Resort and Spa.   Guam Marriott Resort and Spa.JPG

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

NH....nice... I feel there's an in with kristy somewhere. We'll keep snipping around the edges until we can sneak a peak at the cargo accommodations.

fhllast4ever Platinum

Concierge lounges in the US are usually open Sunday evening to Friday noontime (breakfast only).

Some even list openings up to Thursday evening only. In my experience, when the hotels' CL is closed on Sat/Sundays,

free access to the hotel's restaurant varies from one property to another. I now call them prior to

arrival to make sure the hotel do offer free breakfast at their restaurant.  Some do , some don't.

skipfor Member

Most CLs run from Sunday Eve to Friday mid-day. How ever you will find some that offer breakfast on Saturdays. When they dont you can usually get certs for breakfast at the front desk or just present your Plat card when the bill comes. I even had a very nice Front Desk girl at a JW give me two $100 Marriot Dollar Certs that was a few days before XMAS so maybe it was the spirit. . Properties in resort areas are less likely to offer the service.. Camellback for example is an amazing place, one of the M's personal favorites, and you can get Certs at  the Front Dest... sometimes.. Gold and up. They need a Black Card.

Happy Trails

Is it just in the spirit or is there some policy on how they hand out the Marriott Dollar Certificates?     I haven't got those per say but I have been able to use the CL in hotels after check out when I am in town late in afternoon still with a CL card to swipe in elevator and lounge but is not attached to a room any longer.     They will do that as well when you show your MR card from my experience.

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

In response to the original question, the Monday to Friday access is the norm, at least in US lounges, and the few international lounges I've been in. I have very rarely received a comped breakfast on weekends. As they say, sad but true.

• Free breakfast

http://www.aoc.noaa.gov/   - and yes almost all 85 + are MR members too.  We can't be all bad!!!! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...