13 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2011 7:01 PM by tryt53 RSS

Flow and ebb

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I wonder if anyone could opine about what they think the flow and ebb of Insiders is as we get into November? 

1. Is it what you want from a travel-related site?
  2. What changes do you anticipate but have not seen?
  3. How would you improve the site, assuming you think it need to be improved?

Let me know.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Flow and ebb
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
    1. Is it what you want from a travel-related site? From what I have seen, this site is better than any of the other hotel chains. The more I navigate the site, the more comfortable I am with it. I am looking forward to the changes that Marriott has indicated that they will be making.
    2. What changes do you anticipate but have not seen? Marriott is trying to react to changes that Insiders have suggested and I believe they are trying to make these adjusments, it just takes time!! One change I am really looking forward to, is the ability to rate the various Marriott Properties.
    3. How would you improve the site, assuming you think it need to be improved? I would like to see more participation from Insiders, particularly the newer members..It seems to me that there is not enough participation and would like to see what we need to do to get more insider's involved.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Maybe we're as old-timers overwhelming them?  Just sayin'

Good point..I would like to hear from some of the new Insider's on this point and whether they are enjoying us old timer's posts or are we overwhelming them..

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Jasper,

There is not one thing I would change in your answers.  As SS authorized intermediary for Novices, would you mind passing this on up to him?  Thank you   I don't know what I'll do without you once I get to apprentice.  By the way, it seemed that I saw someone thought you only stayed Novice until 190, now I saw Pingreeman's chart showing I'll be there until 300.  I sense a plot here.  I'm guessing when I get to 290 something, it will magically be raised to 1000, or so.

You got to remember to factor in posting inflation!!!!!

What about the "posting dilution theory"?  The more people post, the less mine will mean, and the more posts I have to make to get to the next level.  And if they take away my POGO (Post One Get One), it will just take me longer yet

See..your insights are why one day you will achieve  the ultimate - Guru Level and compete with the famous SSSSS, assuming you are a very young person!!!!

If the AARP rejects you because you are past their age limit, does that make you old?

Yes!!!!

so much for Guru, sigh

I have been rejected by AARP for many reasons but not paying dues seems tobe a common complaint they have

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

1. Is it what you want from a travel-related site?

Yes,  I do not use other sights at all.  This site has "Real people", all around the globe sharing ideas that make travel more enjoyable.  In addition, this site makes it a lot more economical and efficient.

2. What changes do you anticipate but have not seen? 

More photo's of featured hotels and areas around hotels on the MI.  When you are going to a particular property, it would be great to really have MI posts on where to dine, transportation advice, and other information for various budgets.

3.  How would you improve the site, assuming you think it needs to be improved?

As Jasper has so aptly put it, "Get more people on the MI site",  We have a lot of "Preaching to the Choir", but the masses are missing this valuable tool.  I don't know of any hotel group that has a product like MI.

heatherjt Marriott Associate

Thanks everyone for some great suggestions.  I really like the thought on MI posting relevant travel information and adding more pictures.  We are working on how to tap into our internal experts to provide you this kind of information.  In terms of getting more people to the site... we couldn't agree more!  I forgot to mention in my community update post that one of the other things launching this week is the re-instatement of the Insiders content feeds to pages on Marriott.com, the most noticeable being Hotel Websites.  Over the next few months we'll be incorporating the content into even more  places throughout the site which will certainly raise awareness of the community among non-members.   We have other communication strategies in the works but if you have specific ideas on how to get the word out, let us know!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...