8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 30, 2011 4:16 AM by jerrycoin RSS

Hopkins Marine Station, Stanford University

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The Hopkins Marine Station held its 2011 open house today and we went. It was founded in 1894 and moved to its curent location in 1914.  A great addition to marine biology research here on the Monterey Peninsula

Here are some photos

DSCN9573.JPG

DSCN9569.JPG

DSCN9574.JPGDSCN9572.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hopkins Marine Station, Stanford University
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS,

Congratulations!  That had to be a lot of fun!

When you can, could you send a picture of the "Sardine Factory", I ate there, loved the place, but have no pictures.  Thanks,  Jerrycoin.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Play Misty for Me Jerry

Here is a photo of the main entrance

factory.jpg

Sardine Factory co-owner Bert Cutino founded the Monterey Peninsula College's culinary arts academy, which I attended about 15 years ago.

SS,

Thanks!  What a great place, he is always doing memorable events, he is a culinary "Hero"!

He and Ted are experts in running restaurants that's for sure.  He is a Dirona master as you know,

What is a Dirona Master, I really don't know, unless you mean, I Run a master?

SS, don't you think it would be great to do a feature on Monterey/Carmel for MI and then take other places and do the same?

When I see and share pictures/information from other MI's it has so much more credibility than other sources.  The more detailed the better, especially on where to dine.

Thoughts?

Great idea, let's get a sampling of places people would like to post about as a thread.

Here's Dirona, I have been to a lot of them

SS,

Thanks!  Have never heard of this.  Will check out some of my favorite cities and see how it stacks up to my own experiences.

SS,

This is a most impressive group of people.  These are the best of the best, over a long period of time.  Some places are "Hot" for a while but "Burn out"!

These places are consistent and great values.  Have been lucky enough to visit:

Le Ruth's, New Orleans, met the owner, at one time one, if not the #1 rest. in America.

Tony's, St. Louis, go there once a month, the best place to dine in Mo.  I hope my picture comes thru with Vince Bommarito, Sr., he is a great guy.

Sardine Factory, Monterey, CA, Never met Ted, but he has to be wonderfully good to be in this group.

Commanders Palace, New Orleans, met Ms. Brennan, and this is where that famous TV chef worked.  Famous for their turtle soup.

Maisonette, Cincy, OH, A fantastic place, I don't think it is there any longer.  Historic food, we loved to dine in their basement, fun place.

Karl Ratzsches, Milwaukee, WI, another great place.(Forget that last picture, I hit the wrong button, and I'm not going to do this whole thing all over!)

Ralph Evans Farms, McClean, VA, Did meet him many times and at one time I think he was President of the Rest. Assn. of America.  This is the place where the Premier of China demanded to dine and did.  Very special place that is also gone.

Smith and Wollenskys, Never had a bad meal in Chicago, Las Vegas, or New York at this place.  The New York locations was the friendliest to a group of young people I took there.  I just could not believe how good their food was, I always go back.  Walked from the Marriott!

I see Marriott made the list with Richard Marriott, and Marriott Catering, that is another honor for Marriott!

IMG_1467.JPGIMGP0184.JPG

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...