2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2011 1:06 PM by anadyr RSS

Another Ambassadorial Program?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Intercontinental Hotels, part of the IHG chain of lodgings, has a super secret (based on the way in which I was introduced to it) program called (surprisingly enough) Intercontinental Ambassadors

Mozilla Firefox 10282011 94427 AM.bmp.jpgUnlike most other loyalty programs you must pay an initiation fee to belong, and a yearly maintenance fee. It's 200 dollars for 12 months, and each year an additional 200.  I was introduced to the program when the front desk person asked if I'd enjoyed my dinner at "C" the restaurant in our Intercontinental Hotel here on Cannery Row in Monterey.   We were waiting for the valet to bring our car around.

I mentioned (shamefully) my Platinum Status with IHG and Marriott, and he reached under the desk and, in true brush pass fashion (worthy of an espionage pro), handed me the brochure.  The program also has tiers based on stay frequencies, and seems to be a value added idea for the corporation not the member.

In days of yore I was a member of the Seven Continents Club that IC hotels had.  Members were identified only with a small red dot on their luggage. European hotel staff were trained to spot the dot, as it were, and all good things happened at that point.  Very clandestine, very nice!

Anyone out there been a member of this Ambassador and if so can tell me what they've thought of it?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Another Ambassadorial Program?
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I like you was also a member of the seven continents club and used that status when I was in Jerusalem at the Intercontinental on the Mount of Olives in Israel..A very nice place at the time considered to be on the West Bank. I was treated very well as a member!!!

I also looked into this Ambassador Status but will only join when I decide to stay at an Intercontinental Hotel. One correction, the first year is $200 and subsequent years it is only $100. Also, I noted they have a point bonus available for joining in the Priority Club.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Another Ambassadorial Program?
      Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Jasper, thanks for that correction.  I would consider this if my Gulfstream G5 were not down for annual maintenance and my long range flight plans so tenuous.

Seriously, I never had such great service as I did with them, even paying the lower government rate!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...