8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2011 1:39 AM by anadyr RSS

Snow Pics?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Having lived in snow country for a long time, I sometimes wish for at least a dusting of the white stuff here on the CA coast.  (not really but I like the "snow themed songs" we hear during the  Christmas season). I never want to repeat my weekend at work sleeping on the desk during a snowstorm adventure from years past.

To satisfy my hunger for frozen rain and snow, can some Insiders send current snaps of any of the forecasted snow that they encounter in the NE USA this weekend.  I will award the "orange snow shovel award" to the best one posted.  I use that shovel to remove Pine Cones from the yard by the way, since the Squirrels seem to enjoy chewing them off the Monterey Pines here 24 hours a day.

PS: Boreal, the ski resort near Lake Tahoe, has the shortest no snow on the ground season ever--July 24th through October 28th--this year.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Snow Pics?
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I wish I could send a snow picture, but we don't get many of those in south Louisiana.  Our most recent snow came a couple of years ago when the Saints won the Super Bowl.  Everyone always said "Hell will freeze over when the Saints won the Super Bowl and it really did snow when they did!  Maybe we'll get some more in February.....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS,

If you don't get any NE pictures, will you open it up to "Any" snow pictures?  I have a few good ones.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

pumpkin with snow.jpg

This picture was on the MSN homepage, so I can't take credit for it.  I guess this pumpkin is expressing the feelings of many people who are getting their first snow of the season.

neat

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Sorry, not recent, because we never got the promised snow.... But here's one from our Snowmaggedon experience in February 2010 in the DC Metro region....  I dug this out on our cul-de-sac....

Snow can be really pretty, but there are limits to everything...

Wish I could really tell you that I miss DC weather but I don't

Wish I could really tell you that I miss DC weather but I don't

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Sorry..but if I could get a snow picture here in Florida in October, it would be worth a lot of money!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...