5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2013 11:22 AM by pluto77 RSS

Newport Beach Marriott Bayview

ricwawee Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone stayed at this property - Newport Beach Marriott Bayview.  How is it?  Is there a Concierge level or a Concierge lounge.  I notice parking is very expensive.  Any way to avoid this? How about UGs for Golds.  Any chances?  Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Newport Beach, CA, USA
  • Re: Newport Beach Marriott Bayview
    spurfan Platinum

The Newport Beach Marriott Bayview used to be a Marriott Suites.  So, I am not sure if there is a Concierge level/lounge.  Not sure what would be available in the way of upgrades either.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

joelboyles Platinum

Yes - I stayed there a few months ago. No way to avoid the parking charges. There are two separte buildings and the concierge lounge is in the building fartherest away from the front desk. Also, the "bay view" is a little misleading due to the distance from the hotel (unless you are staying in the main building). In regards to upgrades, I am a Lifetime Platinum and was not upgraded. However, it was a weekend and I believe there were several other large events at the hotel (wedding, class reunion, etc). My guess is during the week you should be able to receive an upgrade. The rooms are average for a spa property, but very quiet and comfortable. Finally, there is an awesome "mall" across from the hotel and plenty of walking space. Again, this is Newport Beach and even the malls are top shelf. All in all, I would give it a 3.5 out of 5 score.

spurfan Platinum

I believe you have the Marriott Bayview confused with the Newport Beach Marriot Hotel and Spa which is located across the street from the Fashion Plaza mall.  Everything you said about the Newport Beach Marriott Hotel and Spa is correct, but it is not the Marriott Bayview, which does have a view of the Upper Back Bay.

joelboyles Platinum

spurfan is correct .... my mistake

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I've stayed at the NB Bayview property.  It was very nice.  Had great facilities and lobby, great rooms, and a lovely bay view.  Costs a little less than the NB Marriott.  It's true that you can't get around the parking fee.  I believe we were upgraded.  We reserved a standard room, and were given one with a bedroom, living room, two bathrooms and a bay view.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...