39 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2011 4:10 PM by tryt53 RSS

Incredible Priority Club Deal

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Another good deal for Insiders. You may want to look into this deal!!!  This would be very useful where Marriott does not have any properties!!!  I recently did this and got a card for my wife and for me and got 120,000 points and we both got their highest Platinum Level!!!

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/ihg/pcrofferspage260k?cm_sp=IMMerch-_-PC2_US_en-_-PCROffersPage_PCRVisa

then apply for Chase Priority Club rewards credit card

Get 60,000 points on your first purchase

That will give you their highest Platinum Status

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Incredible Priority Club Deal
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Jasper, they have a status match program and in my case it's been good for three years!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

joda Gold

I'm not sure if I'm missing something.  I don't see 60,000 points first purchase.

2 Bonus Points:

joda Gold

Thanks!  That helps a lot.

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

I did it for my recent visit to Switzerland.  I had some points from Holiday Inn stays but not enough for a night or two.

Applied for the card and after my first purchase, received enough points for a 2 night stay at the Intercontinental in Geneva... with some points left over.

So, it's not just good at Holiday Inns and HI Express!

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

Priority Club's Platinum status is based on nights alone or points earned or a combination. Thus, if near the end of the year, one is shy some points to maintain their platinum status they can purchase points to stay at the same level. Or, of course, spend a lot of $ on their Chase Priority Visa card. With Marriott, if I understand it all correctly, one must have at least those 75 nights to maintain platinum and, sadly, I know I will fall short this year.

Another program you may want to consider where a Marriott does not have hotels. With the 60,000 points for first use of the credit card you also get upgraded to their highest level..Not a bad deal!!!

Here is a deal you may want to consider...

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I just got an email for 80,000 points for the Priority Club Select Visa.  It seems from reading on the web that it may be a targeted email, and I'm wondering if I got it because I did their match to Platinum Elite based on my Marriott level?  Just nice to know if people out there have been just considering it and haven't decided to do it yet.  I would first get your match to Platinum Level and then wait to see if you get a targeted email too, unless someone else has different information.

Nice to know for where a Marriott is not available.  Will have to see what their Platinum membership gets their members.

IHG is the largest chain in number of rooms in the world.  There is a nice article about their reinvention in today's Wall Street Journal.  The CFO says that a large number of their same day bookings come from smart phones and tablets these days and they've adjusted to that

Nice.  I use my iPhone almost everywhere I go and am starting to find some of the travel mobile apps actually having some nice features.

cincydj Silver

Been a platinum PC member for about 10 years. It depends on the hotel as to what you get when you arrive...usually water and chips. The upgrades are nice..I have received a lot of suites and jacuzzi suites when they have them (usually HI and Suites). Crowne Plaza is part of the chain and many of their concierge clubs have free alcohol. Seattle used to have great pizza, but drinks cost (haven't been there for 2 or so years). HI is getting rid of the older HIs--they have to upgrade or they are out (similar to Marriott's policy). I also use Hampton (Hilton) when not using Marriott.

For those of you desiring to join PC, there is another site that you should visit after you have your member number. It is http://www.priorityclubinsider.com/  and you can even earn a lot more points on their deals--see the space on the right.

But of course we like Marriott the best, right?

Happy Trails,

david

I just got my wife and my PriorityClub Rewards Platinum Cards today (Highest Level Card), good through 2012. Also the 60,000 points for getting the Priority Club Visa Credit Card has been posted to both our cards for a total of 120,000 points.

Just for getting the PriorityClub Visa Credit Card, you get the 60,000 points that automatically give you Platinum Status. If you get the card this year it will give you this highest status for the whole next year.

Does having this card disqualify you for Steward-ship? I assume it does.

No, only Marriott would take me as a steward..Sorry.

Better than being a mere Super Star I would guess--all those groupies! What a bother!

While Marriott will always be my first hotel of choice, there are times where Marriott is not an option.  I did see a post by spartan about Club Carlson made me a little curious, and although I've not stayed at any Radisson Hotels for years, they have a great offer right now.  If you get a Club Carlson member number and then go to:

https://www.radissonbignightgiveaway.com/

They give you 50,000 points for just staying at a Radisson or Radisson Blu for 1 night before Dec 30, 2011.  This was still going as of last night and is good for the first 50,000 people who sign up and register.  They are doing it to make people aware of the new Radisson Blu that just opened in Chicago.  I signed up for both myself and my wife.  50,000 will get you a night anywhere in the world at a Radisson Blu or more nights at other places in their chains.  Nice that you don't have to sign up for a credit card or anything.  Just stay a night before Dec 30, 2011, and we have a couple Radisson's that are fairly inexpensive and not too far away.  Spend 2 cheap nights (me and the wife), and get 2 nights at wonderful places worldwide.  Seems like a good deal to me!  Club Carlson does have a Status Match program too.  My Platinum translated to their Gold Elite level.  After the first 50,000 people are signed up, the rest will get 15,000 points.  When you complete the registration, at the end of Step 2 it should tell you if you made the 50,000 point promo or the lower points.

Philip Swan Platinum

So what was you cost in Chicago?

Philip,

I didn't even look at the cost in Chicago.  I did see that for the 50,000 points you get, that would cover 1 night in Chicago, or anywhere in the world at any Radisson Blu, or any other Club Carlson hotel.  Many are even less than the 50,000 points by quite a bit.  The Radisson I will stay at, to get the one night stay before Dec 30, is only a category 3 (by their rating) and will cost about $78.00 for the night.  We will spend two nights (1 for my card and 1 for my wife's card) enjoying Portland, OR, and then use those 100,000 points at somewhere really nice in Europe in the future. After you register, you only have to spend a night at ANY Radisson, or Radisson Blu by Dec 30, 2011 to finish up the promo requirement.

Philip,

By the way, welcome to the community!  Look forward to seeing more from you.

OK..I signed my wife and I up for the program..Now how do you get elite match..I could not find anything on the web site telling me how?

I called the Club Carlson at 1-888-288-8889 and talked to them about the Status Match.  They gave me a fax number 1-402-501-9166, to send a note with the information they request.  You will need to get a screen print of your member information or a way to prove your Platinum status to them.  I did a screen print of my Marriott page with that showed my name and Platinum Status on the screen. 

When you signed up, after Step 2, did you get the 50,000 point verification on the screen for after you stay once? 

Yes..for both my wife and I. Do you think my copy of my Lifetime Platinum Membership card be adequate evidence for Status Match?

I would think so, but they would have to decide that, of course.  If not, a screen print works well.  Let me know if you have any problems.

How come your Platinum Status did not translate into their Concierge Level Status..That would be a status match!!! Not to their gold level!!!

It may be as discussed in our other discussions, that Platinum is a lot more common than it used to be.  I would be interested to hear if someone with PP or PL status will get the Concierge Level with them.  I did try for the Concierge Level.  I guess I should have told them that I am also a status of "Novice" too.  I'm sure that would have carried more weight

OK...I will try for Concierge Level and see what they say and I will let you know the outcome!!!

Jasper,

I got curious and called and asked them why it didn't status match to Concierge Level and they said they don't ever match to Concierge Level.  That level has to be earned.

Than I don't consider it an elite match!!!

Yea, they should rename it to the "elite kinda match up to a certain level" program. Anyway, I'll still enjoy those 2 nights at a Renaissance Blu in Europe in the future!

Same here..I sent (faxed) my information into them last night..How long does it take to hear back from them regarding elite match?

I think they said 2 -3 business days, to get our accounts upgraded.

Where's that abuse button when you need it?

Thanks for bringing this to the attention of Insider's. Very much appreciated!!!

We all share and help each other out here.  I'm always glad when I can give something back to make up for all the things I learn here!

Jasper,

My wife and I both stayed at the Radisson in Portland 7 days ago, to fill out the requirements for the Radisson Blu special and got our 50,000 points (along with 2,000 points for enrolling for membership, and another 2,000 points for booking online, along with the points for staying) and the points were added to our account within about 4 days.  Very nice.  However, I wouldn't stay at that Radisson again, unless I really had to.  Poor food, poor service, and we disliked the Sleep Number beds.  We will enjoy those extra couple of days at a top end Radisson Blu in Europe some day.

My Wife and I stayed at the Radison Resort in Orlando a few nights ago and like you felt the experience was a notch or two below that of the Marriott. The rooms were not nearly as nice and also disliked the Sleep Number beds (which was considered a room upgrade). The room was low priced. So now I am waiting for them to post the 50,000 points to each of our accounts!!!!

A good offer to consider!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...