6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2011 10:52 PM by zukracer RSS

Marriott near Grand Central Station?

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I am planning a trip to New York in May 2012 for a conference.  The conference will be held at the Grand Hyatt near Grand Central Station, but I'd rather stay at a Marriott property.  Any recommendations on a Marriott property near Grand Central Station?  I stayed at the Westin Times Square during my last trip.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York, New York, USA
  • Re: Marriott near Grand Central Station?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

The Marquis is fairly close and a nice place too.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

The Marquis is very nice but can be crowded and pricey.  There are a few others in the area that I have not stayed at but have read great things about.  If you dont mind the commute (10-15mins) the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott is nice and a good bit less $ than staying in midtown.  There are tons of great places in the area, if you like cupcakes check out the Magnolia Bakery, its a short walk from there and the cupcakes are very good, so much that they often have lines even later in the evening.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

zukracer:

have you tried http://www.crumbs.com/

The red velvet and raspberry swirl are out of this world.....and each cupcake seems like a meal!

We like Magnolia's too though. Makes for a difficult decision when we want a cupcake.....I wonder if this is how Cookie Monster feels when he's at the cookie tray.......

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

I have not but I have a good buddy that loves the red velvet from Magnolia... I will have to recommend that one to him for his next trip to the city.  I live all the way out east on the island so I dont get to the city as much but I will add this to my next excursion    Thanks!

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I vote with SS..it sounds like you are on expense account, so spoil yourself and stay at the Marriott Marquis. It can be crowded and pricey but in my opinion, that is part of the excitement of staying there. You walk outside the hotel, and you are right there on times square. I stayed there for the US Open Recently and its hard to beat the location.  If you can get tickets to "Book of Mormon" musical while you are there, I would highly recommend seeing it. Be aware though that the language is pretty explicit, not for the faint of heart. But you will laugh every minute of the musical. By the way, you are within walking distant of all the broadway plays and musicals.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Grand Central is at 42nd Street. The Marriott Eastside is at 49th and Lexington, a short walk. As I recall, The Grand Hyatt is at the corner of Lexington. The Algonquin is at 44th Street. Both are really nice properties. We always stay at the Eastside because they are away from the crush of Times Square, but yet an easy walk to it as well as Rockefeller Center, Fifth Ave and Madison Ave. Ditto for the Algonquin. The Eastside has a great Concierge Lounge (staffed) and an outside balcony to look out over the goings on. But, if you like the crush and bustle of Times Square, then the Marquis is a good choice.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...