3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2011 2:33 PM by razorbackfan RSS

Prague, Prague

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

As in double check that is. I find that I have to start rechecking all my hotel information before, during and after a stay to ensure that the folio is correct, These are generated by humans using a daily count I know but it seems that recently errors have popped up, including billing mistkes, charges for things not done and the like.

As I posted earlier, the issue of training is important here, if only training Marriott associates to respond quickly to guest questions about their bills.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Prague, Prague
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I must admit that I don't check my folio as close as I should. As a CPA, you would think that I would be very miticulate reviewing my bills. Now that you have brought this up, I will now scrutinize my bills very closely not only to ensure the accuracy, but also to make sure the appropriate amount of points are credited to my account.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I am on e-folio and always have my bill e-mailed. However, I also get a print copy of my bill on checkout. As I mentioned in an earlier post, just a couple of weeks ago I had a zero bill for a points stay (at checkout hard copy) and an e-folio bill I received in my e-mail that was different (with a charge) and then saw the amount charged to my credit card. After a call to the hotel, I was able to (after too much asking), get someone to agree that the charges were a mistake. I had to explain to them that my stay was on points and so what happened to the points that were used?? I was told the points were used and credited for the stay. Question...so, what was the charge for??? The answer...let me look.....a pause.....and a....sorry, the bill is a mistake. We'll credit it back to you. Thanks for the call. So, the question begs....whose bill was I charged for???

Double check...you bet.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I don't recall ever having a mistake on a Marriott folio; however, I always watch our receipts when shopping, eating out, etc.  When clerks are carrying on conversations with another clerk or customer or on the phone, etc. it seems more likely that they might make more mistakes.  One of my pet peeves is when the price that rings up on the register is not what the price was on the shelf.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...