16 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2011 1:35 AM by anadyr RSS

The end of an era?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Got an email the other day from Marriott telling me that I have not registered for the most recent Megabonus, marking the first time that I have not been automatically entered in the promotion! As a "Superstar" I would've expected to be automatically entered!!!!!!!

Seriously, has anyone been entered in the past but not now?

Inquiring minds want to know!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: The end of an era?
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

SSSS...(Steping Stone Super Star)

I have always been entered automatically..Have not noticed whether that has changed or not. You need to be careful though. Someone might accuse you of garnishing particpation meter points to better your chance at automatically being entered into promotions in the future.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Me pad my posts never. BTW, did you know what characters per post are also counted in a separate ledger and the one with the most character wins?  Guess that's me

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Guess that's me now..I may not have your record of posts but I now have or have tied the record for most characters....

Of course, I may need to be careful here as I will be accused of deliberately posting all the characters to achieve the same status as SS...

Way behind, Jasper!

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I've been entered automatically, too.  A couple of times I have called Marriott Rewards and asked to be changed to another offer that was better suited to our travel plans and that has accomplished with no problems.  SS, I'm sorry your star got a little tarnished.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

I cannot remember the last time I was not automatically entered into a "stay bonus" such as the Megabonus.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

To date, I'm pre registered for all the promo's.  I was under the impression that Platinum and maybe other levels were automatic. 

This is one of the nice things about Marriott.  I have Plat. with IHC and they never pre register. I've missed starts of programs and they never have retroactively given me credits. That burns me up.

Guess on this one I am an "outsider!"

heatherjt Marriott Associate

From what I've just learned, we automatically enroll Golds & Platinums who have achieved in the previous year's MegaBonus.  So it really varies person by person.

Hi Heather thanks but I was not enrolled. 

sdgracer Platinum 8 Reviews

How about that I am not allowed to enroll in the current mega bonus? I think there is one going on right now, it doesnt even show up when I am logged in. I have been meaning to call the hotline and ask,  as I am used to almost always being registered in one? I am not really sure why this would happen.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

sdgracer,

I would definitely call and check on that too.  It sounds like a bug of some kind (maybe a caterpillar , sorry, had to do that since I appear to be WAAAAAYYYYYYY behind in my emoticon/character count).

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Tryt is right!

You should contact them and get this right!  Good luck.

ram.sriram96 Member 60 Reviews

Sorry i dont no much abt it and i would lik to know more on  the site..

hubertmooney Platinum 60 Reviews

I have been getting automatically registered since  I became gold and it has not stopped in the last two years as a platinum.  If you are gold or better it should be automatic.

True, but I am told that unless you qualify you don't get renewed automatically.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...