2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2011 11:04 AM by tef6178 RSS

Marriott Courtyard, Tennessee

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

What a great place! Johnson City, Tennessee. Almost a brand new hotel and the staff has only been here a short time, but their service and attentiveness is one of the best I have encountered at a Marriott property. I was upgraded to a beautiful suite at check in and gratefully acknowledged for my Platinum membership. Now, I'm here with a huge wedding group and the staff has made arrangements, on the fly, to accomodate us by keeping the bar and grille open past hours  (wayyyy past hours) to keep all of us fed and 'juiced'. Every time an associate approaches or you pass by the front desk, they are talking with you about everything being OK, can we do anything to make the stay better....and on and on. A truly remarkable service mantra. They have really stepped up.

Gotta go, just returned from the wedding and the bar awaits, but I'll let everyone know further as we progress to the end of our stay, but I'd recommend this hotel to everyone if in this area of Tennessee.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Johnson City, Tennessee, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Wilmington Downtown/Historic District
  • Re: Marriott Courtyard, Tennessee
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Tef,

Thanks for the report!

Have not stayed here but will, when I get to the "Tri-cities". 

To me, this report is what the MI is all about! 

Happy travels!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Courtyard, Tennessee
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I found that not only was our wedding group here in force, but also a large contingent of folks from Hewlett-Packard, Kodak and a doctors group in town for meetings. I had no idea this area was such a booming metropolis! This hotel staff continued their 'above and beyond' service right through Saturday evening and into our Sunday departures. On Friday evening, they called in extra staff after asking me (when I was heading out to a party for the bride and groom offsite) what I thought the level of folks at the bar and lounge area would be after we returned. They could never have handled the size of the group with the staff on hand and their decision(s) to ask and then to call in extra staff before we returned was a real 'heads up' management decision. They really seemed to be on their game. We were all impressed. As I don't usually stay at any Courtyards, this certainly gave me a different impression of the Courtyard setup.

Many thanks to this Marriott Courtyard group for their attentiveness and service!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...