6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2011 7:52 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Is the UK Elite programme different to the USA Elite program?

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I am relatively new to the Insiders forum but have been a member of the Marriott Rewards community for about 14 years and Platinum status for about the last 8 of these.  Since participating in the Insiders discussions, I have discovered that there are Lifetime Statuses and Platinum Premier Status that Elite members can qualify for.  It is only thanks to some of our USA colleagues that I have found out the general basis of how these work ... although the Premier Platinum seems to be a bit of a mystery still.  Does anyone know if Marriott apply different rules to UK members than those applied to USA members?  We certainly 'used to' get different Marriott Rewards Visa cards ... with much poorer terms than the USA.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Is the UK Elite programme different to the USA Elite program?
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I thought the programs were the same (excluding the Visa Credit card) but I will be interested in what other insider's have to say about this. Why not just call Marriott Customer Service and ask them if their are any differences?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

Thanks for the prompt feedback jasper100.  My initial reaction was to do just that but the 'European' Customer Service Team are based in Cork, Ireland and generally seem to have a limited view on the overall programme.  When I have contacted them before, I have had vague answers and had to contact Rewards HO in the USA to get a more complete answer. 

I would also like to be fully conversant with the 'possible' discrepancies before I make any calls.  Unless one has specifics, I think that a woolly answer would be likely to come from the Customer Service Team. For example, one of the posts recently referred to Platinum 'free night and free entry coupons' not being issued until March 2012.  I have never received any such coupons as a result of Marriott status ... the only ones that I have received are those earned as part of a promotion.  Are these a standard part of the USA programme?

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

I just did a comparison between marriott.com and marriot.co.uk and did not find any striking differences. The big "splatter" across the USA "How You Earn" includes the VISA promotion; nowhere in sight on the UK site. Also, the member benefits are nearly identical with just a few "misspellings" (those UK phonetics, of course), but otherwise, little differences. The primary differences were in using local tele (telephone) calls - more verbiage on the USA site as to being in Canada versus the USA.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...