4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2011 7:50 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Are there any adults in brand management?

jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

To be perfectly blunt, I am fairly annoyed, and certainly unimpressed with the CY lobby & Bistro (and its sibling decor at newer SH's). Sorry, but green and orange are not inviting, soothing, or even moderately attractive, not to mention they already look dated. Even more dismaying, the individuality I came to look forward to at a number of properties (CY Toronto Downtown, CY Louisville Airport, CY Denver Airport, CY Cleveland Airport as a number off the top of my head) is replaced by some trendy, faux-euro, twenty-something idea of hip. But, I suppose if homogenization works for McDonald's, it must be good for the hotel "designed for business travelers", right?  That's sarcasm, BTW.

I suppose the good part is that I have the place mostly to myself when I end up staying in for the night, for even in the properties that are full, the Bistro's  not.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Are there any adults in brand management?
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I agree with you..I very rarely stay at Courtyards not only because of their decor but also because they do not provide the level of service I expect from a Marriott.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

engineergirl Platinum 1 Reviews

I too avoid Courtyards.  The 'renovation' did not positively impact the guest experience--rather seems to be all about adding potential revenue streams. CY  Room setup is generally not work friendly (wired internet on desk right in front of hvac unit), breakfast is not free, and internet speed is routinely MUCH slower than other brands, although speeds in general at Marriott properties have started to negatively impact my ability to do business while traveling.  If I stay at a Courtyard, it's because that's all there is from Marriott in the area.  I just got status match from Hilton to give myself some new options.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Likewise,

I avoid them.  I would take a good FF Suites over most CY.  At least you get the breakfast included.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...