1 2 3 74 Previous Next 1,097 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2017 10:25 PM by nmballoonist RSS

Where was your last Marriott stay and were you upgraded to a Suite???

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Please let Insider's know where your last Marriott stay was and whether or not you were upgrade to a Suite.  This will give Insider's a read on whether or not they have a good chance of getting a suite upgrade...Thanks!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Williamsburg, Virginia, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Williamsburg
San Antonio, Texas, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter
Miami, Florida, USA
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott Indianapolis
Washington, District Of Columbia, USA Renaissance Hotels Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Airport
Boston, Massachusetts, USA Marriott Vacation Club Intl Marriott's Custom House
Seattle, Washington, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Seattle Marriott Waterfront
Tumon, Guam Marriott Hotels & Resorts Guam Marriott Resort & Spa
New York, New York, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts New York Marriott East Side
New York, New York, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts New York Marriott Marquis
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel
Washington, District Of Columbia, USA Renaissance Hotels Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Airport
Toronto, Ontario, Canada Renaissance Hotels Residence Inn Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center
Warsaw, Poland Courtyard By Marriott TownePlace Suites Fort Walton Beach-Eglin AFB
Warsaw, Poland Marriott Hotels & Resorts TownePlace Suites Red Deer
Krakow, Poland
Gdansk, Poland
Kaliningrad, Russia
Warsaw, Poland Marriott Hotels & Resorts TownePlace Suites Red Deer
Miami, Florida, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
Washington, D.C., USA
Manchester, New Hampshire, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Manchester-Boston Regional Airport
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands The Ritz-Carlton The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
London, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel County Hall
Coraopolis, Pennsylvania, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Pittsburgh Airport Marriott
Crystal City, Virginia, USA
Arlington, Virginia, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Crystal Gateway Marriott
San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA
Waco, Texas, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Waco North
Paris, France Marriott Hotels & Resorts Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center
Paris La Defense Cedex, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel
Rouen, France Autograph Collection Hotel de Bourgtheroulde, Autograph Collection
Regina, Canada
Middleton, Wisconsin, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Madison Marriott West
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Kananaskis Lodge
Delta Calgary
Delta Lodge Kananaskis
Kananaskis, Canada
Kananaskis Village
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Delta
Birmingham, Alabama, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa
Detroit, Michigan, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
SF Airport Marriott
Courtyard Laguna Hills/Irvine Spectrum Orange Count
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ritz Carlton
Nr Derby, England, United Kingdom
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Minneapolis Marriott West
Atlanta, Georgia, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria
Kennesaw, Georgia, USA TownePlace Suites By Marriott TownePlace Suites Atlanta Kennesaw
Bryan, Texas, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Bryan College Station
Dallas, Texas, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Dallas Hotel
Plano, Texas, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Dallas Plano in Legacy Park
Kingwood, Texas, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Houston Kingwood
Bloomington, Minnesota, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Minneapolis Airport Marriott
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Wailea - Maui, Hawaii, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
Amarillo, Texas, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Amarillo West/Medical Center
  • 1. Re: Where was your last Marriott stay and were you upgraded to a Suite???
    chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

A useful topic but I don't want to get drawn into this other 'points' debate ... so, here is my feedback on the original question ...

We recently spent nearly 4 weeks travelling around the Eastern USA ... GA, SC, NC, VA, TN ... and were upgraded in many of the hotels ... some were MVCI resorts, so they don't qualify for comment.  Of the Fairfield Inns that we stayed at, most upgraded us to their version of a Suite ... a sitting area with a TV screened off from the bedroom area with another TV ... very pleasant and much appreciated upgrades but not to the spec of mainstream Marriotts. We also stayed at the Glenn Hotel in Atlanta at the end of our vacation ... one of the Autograph Collection.  This hotel was more of what we expect in a niche hotel ... quite small, very personal, modern but tasteful decor.  Yes, we were upgraded to a corner suite ... very nice.  Unfortunately, they didn't have a Concierge Lounge ... but they did have a very nice Sky Lounge and the bar team made great cocktails.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: Where was your last Marriott stay and were you upgraded to a Suite???
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Our last stay was at the Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel and Spa in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada.  When I asked about the availability of an upgrade, we were offered a family suite.  We decided that we did not need that much room and were very satisfied with our standard room.

P.S. I don't really see how this question could have a "correct answer".  It seems to me that every answer would actually be a correct response!

• 3. Re: Where was your last Marriott stay and were you upgraded to a Suite???
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Wow, first time I have heard someone turn down a suite..But it is good news that they did offer the suite, although I don't think you should have to ask, they should just give it!!!

• 4. Re: Where was your last Marriott stay and were you upgraded to a Suite???
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Hi jasper, one of the reasons we turned down the upgrade was that it was on the 16th floor and our original room was on the 20th floor.  We really thought the view would be better the higher we were.  Plus we really didn't need all the beds that were in that suite.  I do agree that it should have been offered, rather than me having to ask.  If they had offered me the Presidential Suite on the 23rd floor, right next to the concierge lounge, my answer would have been different...HA!

• 5. Re: Where was your last Marriott stay and were you upgraded to a Suite???
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

razorback,

Same here, if the suite has no bathtub, it get's turned down.  No hard feelings, but so often, I really enjoy an upgrade.  Frankly, I never insist, nor ask for it.

• 6. Re: Where was your last Marriott stay and were you upgraded to a Suite???
    paulp Platinum

I was recently at the Chicago Blackstone Rennaisance for two nights; no suite, but I was pleased to have been placed on the concierge floor.

• 7. Re: Where was your last Marriott stay and were you upgraded to a Suite???
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

paulp,

Can you give us more details about this hotel?  I have heard a lot of good things about it, but not stayed there.

Thanks!

• 8. Re: Where was your last Marriott stay and were you upgraded to a Suite???
    ccanuck Platinum

Hi jerrycoin,

I know this question was directed at paulp but throught I'd throw in some points as I've stayed at the Blackstone a number of times.

The Blackstone is a historic Chicago hotel and was fully renovated and reopened in 2007.  The rooms have a 'boutique' feel to them (well appointed but not extremely large) and the rooms at the front of the hotel have great views overlooking Grant Park and the Chicago Skyline).  The top three floors (20 - 23) are club level and are very similar to lower floors but have a few extras - Bose Wave radios, TVs in the bathroom mirrors and in some cases better furnishings.

In terms of location, this could be a bit of a drawback pending on your reason for visiting Chicago.  The hotel is a fair bit south which makes it a bit of a walk to the Loop (for business) and shopping (Magnificent Mile).  On the other hand, it is very close to the Museum Campus (Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium, Alder Planetarium), Grant Park, Soldier Field and McCormick Place. 

One of my favorite parts of this Hotel is the restaurant - Mercat.  This is a Spanish restaurant that has great food, a lively atmosphere and has received a number of strong reviews.

Thanks

• 9. Re: Where was your last Marriott stay and were you upgraded to a Suite???
    chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

Well, I am beginning to realise that, although I am missing out on Premier status etc., I have done pretty well with suite upgrades! A couple of years ago I spent long periods at the Preston Marriott and the Sprowston Manor Country Club (Norwich) - both in the UK - and was upgraded to a suite virtually every week ... excellent rooms and excellent service ... I didn't have to ask, it was automatic.  Both times that we stayed at the JW in Washington DC, we were upgraded automatically ... interestingly, to the same suite both times ... great views over the city.  We also got an upgrade at the Fallsview hotel in Niagara ... we took it ... it had a jacuzzi and a screen opened between the bathroom and bedroom that gave views across to the Falls whilst sitting in the tub ... that's probably 'nuff said!

On our annual USA visit, we seem to be very lucky with upgrades ... when the family (4 more adults) came with us for Jazz Fest in New Orleans, the year after Katrina ... they upgraded all three rooms to suites on the concierge floor ... that certainly impressed us! Perhaps it's the USA Marriott Team taking pity on the poor old Brits! ...

• 10. Re: Where was your last Marriott stay and were you upgraded to a Suite???
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

chrisf

wow.  very impressive indeed!  you must have an inside connection.  are you sure you are not related to stepping stones???

• 11. Re: Where was your last Marriott stay and were you upgraded to a Suite???
    goestoeleven Gold

Last 3 stays:

Marriott Woodland Hills

Marriott Newport Beach

LAX Renn

These were stays # 69, 70, 71 for this calendar year ... I have not yet experienced an upgrade to a suite, though I've never asked.

• 12. Re: Where was your last Marriott stay and were you upgraded to a Suite???
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

I am in Jacksonville FL this week.  The Courtyard Butler Blvd specifically.  My first trip down, I picked the full service Marriott across the road.  I got the "concierge" level "upgrade" there but hmm, yeah that's not an upgrade that's simply where top level elites should be IMHO.  I changed to the Courtyard as it was cheaper and I figured the rooms would really be close (they are nicer actually).  I have been here 3 weeks now and 2 of the 3 weeks I've been given a 1bd suite upgrade.  I have had to ask at the desk if any were available but its worked out.  I actually enjoy it as I put my 8hrs in at this client and then grab a bite to eat and head back to work on some other client work.  Having the two rooms makes it nicer, I dont feel like I'm working from the bed all night and can actually "retire" to the bed and leave work (and the laptop/phone) in the other room.

The Renaissance Arboretum in Austin Tx is my favorite when I'm in that part of the world.  They almost always upgrade me to a fantastic corner suite.

The Marriott in Costa Mesa upgraded me a few weeks of my 4months I was there, sadly though they "sold" their two larger suites to airlines for "club" rooms.  The property is all suites anyway so it was nice to have the room but, and this might sound petty, the larger suites are the only rooms where the sofa faces the tv, instead of being perpendicular to it.  I just don't like having to sit sideways to watch TV on the sofa.

I'm sure there are others but these are the more memorable of the recent stays    I will add though, of these 4 properties, ONLY the Renaissance in Austin ever upgraded me prior to arrival AND they send their virtual concierge emails every time.  Its a property that IMHO does everything right, hence the reason I will stay there anytime I'm in Austin, regardless of where in Austin I need to travel to for work.

• 13. Re: Where was your last Marriott stay and were you upgraded to a Suite???
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

What's wrong with 10? Why the need to go to 11?

BYW...We east coasters need to go to 11 every night to get a good local news cast.

• 14. Re: Where was your last Marriott stay and were you upgraded to a Suite???
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I like a good laugh and THIS is hilarious!!!

1 2 3 74 Previous Next