13 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2016 12:34 AM by insertcoffee RSS

How do I cancel my Insiders account?

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate
Currently Being Moderated

We're sorry to see you go and we'd like to help however we can. We have a Community Help and Support  section with numerous FAQ's that you find helpful. Here are a few in particular:

How can I change my Insiders' username?

How do I manage my privacy settings?

How can I adjust my email notifications?

If you still wish to cancel your Insiders account, we will honor your request. Deactivating your Insiders profile has no impact whatsoever on your Marriott Rewards account or status. Simply send a direct message to NathalieF and explain why you would like to disable your profile.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How do I cancel my Insiders account?

Please cancel my insider account

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

insertcoffee Platinum

See in the instructions where it says to send the original poster a private message? That's how you do it.

hodgesck Platinum 2 Reviews

Please cancel my insider account

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Why the Insider account cancellation requests?  Are you also cancelling your Marriott Rewards account?  If so guess our room upgrade and smaller number of CL patrons has improved!!!

Platinum

to cancel your account here, just never login again

marriottoustiders.com  might help someday

insertcoffee Platinum

Or, people could follow the highly complex request in the instruction of ... sending a DM,  rather than posting here.

Not sure why they would want to cancel.  Pretty easy to change your settings to get zero updates on posts, and then.. voila! never sign in again.

But whatever. Maybe the 'abused' platinums will follow suit.

Platinum

agreed insertcoffee  I believe it's like the "one and done" folks - they really want you to know they are leaving and don't respond kindly if you say not to let the door hit them somewhere on the way out. Baffling to me why anyone wants to inject drama into leaving a site like MRI, but it seems to be a common theme. Especially when they just say they are leaving "Marriott" as in moving to some other hotel chain. Just do it (tm).

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Hilton, Dan, it's always Hilton. Funnily enough on FT when the one-and-done'rs are complaining on the Hilton forum they're always stropping off to Marriott. Must be a revolving door of DYKWHIA'ers between the 2 programs!

Platinum

brightlybob No different than United (UAL) vs American (AA) here in the states. The main difference being that we have to be honest and say that both Marriott and Hilton usually provide VERY good tly service to guests. Not so much with the airlines, regardless of status, but people rarely vote with their feet and wallets with airlines since the switch sends them to the crappy middle seats until they work their way back, whereas for example, I'm currently Diamond HH with zero points and am finally returning after 10 years of avoiding them over discrimination issue against a friend that stayed at same time as me in a different room. Coffee may be talking here - back to the salt mine...

Platinum

Please quickly cancel my account.

thank you

insertcoffee Platinum

AS posted multiple times above, here are the instructions:

If you still wish to cancel your Insiders account, we will honor your request. Deactivating your Insiders profile has no impact whatsoever on your Marriott Rewards account or status. Simply send a direct message to NathalieF and explain why you would like to disable your profile.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Incoming Links