1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 21, 2011 3:41 PM by jasper100 RSS

I need a compass

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

compass.jpgUS Army Infantry School, Fort Benning GA, April 1969. I am quite lost in the Georgia woods leading my platoon in what must have seemed like concentric circles.  My compass was shattered, mostly my fault, from hitting the ground to avoid being seen by "enemy" patrols roaming the woods.

I used my wits (or lack of them) and located some landmarks to get us out of that morass, and found this to be a good teaching point for later in my short (three year) military career.

Now with Insiders I am lost without a compass, but I see some landmarks that will help me.  Perhaps the best one is to always post in Destinations, or to avoid getting lost in other topic areas.

If the Insider site won't customize I will make it my own through selective posting and reading.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: I need a compass
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

I look forward to your future postings!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...