This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 21, 2011 1:37 PM by NathalieF RSS

Astray 2.0

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Yep, Insiders has gone off into the wilderness, as far as I am concerned.  There seems to be less and less focus on travel and travel tips, which was trhe original intent of nsiders when it started.  We seemed (and I am as guilty as anyone on this count) to have evolved (or devolved) into a social networking maze of discussions and answers, a tennis volley where no one seems to be keeping score or getting points.  We're getting to the point where voices are being drowned out by other voices shouting or whispering all at the same time.

So what?  Well, for many of us this is static on the line.  We'd like a return to a dialog about hotels, people we encounter in them, associates we've interacted with, and places we've visited.  Not a good thing.  I am not a big fan of change, as I have said in the past, but radical change for the sake of change is at the bottom of list of favorite things.

Now what?  Well, I might see less and less of Insiders as the days go on, hitting other sites instead. Or I might stay connected, who can say?

I hope that the Community Manager and others at Marriott rewards are doing some stock taking as I write this, and deciding if the decisions made to convert Insiders was prudent or not.  You can return to a way in which ,many more of us would be pleased.  Give us a review of how you think things are going, please.  We're (at least I am) listening.

Strangely enough, the site asked if I wanted to go back to the "recovered version" of a post with no name or subject line, so being brave I did and lo and behold found this one--lounging around in space, waiting for a home. Wonder why?  Another mystery to be unravelled someday.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Astray 2.0
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate
    Currently Being Moderated

Looks like the site captured an unpublished version of the post, which could have happened if your session expired before creating the post. I'm going to lock this thread since the discussion has continued on the initial post.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...