0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2011 6:14 PM by razorbackfan RSS

Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Hotel and Spa  Pittsford, NY

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We spent 1 night at this Category 5 hotel in the village of Pittsford, N.Y. which is near Rochester.  It is located on the Erie Canal and we could see a small portion of the canal from our window.  We were recognized as platinum guests.  The hotel was fully booked for that night so I did not even inquire about a platinum upgrade.  They did give complimentary breakfast to platinum guests and recommended that we make reservations for breakfast since the hotel was full.   The gratuity was included with the voucher. We did make reservations for the next morning and were very glad that we had because they were turning guests away who had not made reservations.  The restaurant, the Erie Grill, seems small for a hotel that size.  Our breakfast was delicious and the view was great.  We had a table at the window overlooking the Erie Canal.  It was a rainy, blustery morning, so there were not too many people out on the towpath, but we did see ducks, geese, and a chipmunk playing in the bushes. 

Our room was large with enough room for a king size bed, a leather recliner, a desk with a rolling chair on each side, and a credenza underneath the window.  The décor was not the usual Renaissance décor.  I would describe it as more elegant.  The bathroom was on the small size, but adequate.  A shaving mirror was located above the tub.

We went to Wegman’s, a grocery store chain with its flagship store in Pittsford, for dinner.  It was the place to be on a rainy Friday night.  The store was packed.  They had many food stations available.  My husband chose a Philly Cheese Steak and I chose the Asian food bar.  His sandwich was a set price and mine was charged by the pound.  We both thought the food was very good.  We satisfied our sweet tooth with a stop at the bakery section on our way out of the store.  The hotel’s shuttle will drop you off at Wegman’s and we were told some guests stay 2 or 3 hours.

Parking at the hotel is complimentary and plentiful.  I read positive reviews about the spa, but I did not have time to check it out myself.  Check out was efficient.  We had planned on renting bicycles and exploring the towpath, but the weather was just too nasty so we headed to the George Eastman House  (of Kodak fame) which was about a 10-minute drive away.

(I don't know what happened to the picture that was suppossed to insert here and I can't delete this space--sorry.  The link to the picture does seem to work.)

Erie Canal.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Pittsford, New York, USA Renaissance Hotels The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...