6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2011 6:07 PM by chrisf RSS

Letchworth State Park (New York)

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Letchworth State Park, located about 61 miles southeast of Buffalo, New York, is home of the Grand Canyon of the East.  We planned a side trip to the park based on the recommendation of another Marriott Insider. It cost $8 to enter the park; however, it was refunded if you ate at the Glen Iris Restaurant.  The scenery was spectacular—even in the rain.  Many of the trees had turned and the leaves were brilliant.

Niagara_027.jpg

Wiithin the park, the Genesee River cascades over three falls, including the 107-foot drop of the Middle Falls.

Niagara_036.jpg

We ate lunch at the Glen Iris Restaurant.  The restaurant was full with tourists enjoying the cuisine.  The French Onion soup was yummy.

Niagara_032.jpg

There are lots of summer activities including hiking, whitewater paddling, guided canoe trips, picnicking, and hot air ballooning.  Cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, skating, hiking, and snowmobiling are available in the winter.  If you find yourself with extra time while in the Buffalo or Rochester area, this is definitely a worthwhile destination.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Castile, New York, USA
  • Re: Letchworth State Park (New York)
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Great pictures..Thanks for sharing them with us!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

franke Gold 4 Reviews

were all these these pics from the same trip to niagara falls trip.looks like you had great trip if it was

Yes, all these pictures were taken on the same 4 1/2 day trip.  My husband took about 700 pictures so I tried to pick out the ones I liked the best.  I love to do the research to plan the trip because I learn so much about the area.  I had never heard of Letchworth State Park and another Insider suggested it.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Wonderful story and pictures!  The soup looks great as well.  Thanks for sharing this with us!

Jerry, the soup was delicious.  The last time I had French Onion soup was on the Champs Elysees so even that brought back some great memories.

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

Mmmm ... yet another park that we need to visit in the USA!  Next time that we visit the relatives in Albany, it looks like we need to make a detour ... thanks for the recommendation.  BTW ... we live about 3 miles from the town of Letchworth in the UK ... the name on your posting caught my eye!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...