8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2011 5:37 PM by jasper100 RSS

Costa Rica Pacific Properties

crnkotm Platinum 6 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I'm planning a January trip to Costa Rica and was looking for some recent reviews and recommendations.  Which property is offers the best stay, things to do... also, is it recommended to rent a car? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tony

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Costa Rica
  • Re: Costa Rica Pacific Properties
    jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

Tony,

Check the below link for recent discussions related to properties in Costa Rica....

http://www.marriottrewardsinsiders.marriott.com/content?filterID=all~tag&filterID=all~location%5B3044|Costa+Rica||%5D

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

My wife and I stayed at the Los Suenos Marriott on the all inclusive and had a great time. First night in Costa Rica we stayed at the San Jose Marriott, nothing special. We rented a car the next day and drove to the Los Suenos Marriott. Drive was very interesting. Many say you should not rent a car and make this drive, but I really enjoyed it and would do it again. The Drive is somewhat challenging though. Also, if you do rent a car, be careful exceeding the speed limit. I did get stopped by the local police and had to pay him off to not give me a ticket..

By the way, .as  a Platinum Member, I did get upgraded to a very nice suite at the Los Suenos Marriott.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

jasper - are you sure I didn't tag along? Your report is EXACTLY the same as if I had posted it. My family stayed the first night at the SJM, then drove through coffee country on the way to LSM. We were upgraded to a suite and was a great time.

Some photos:

SJM at night:

2005-01-14_05-58-14.JPG

Pool area of LSM:

2005-01-16_00-36-33.JPG

Cove view from LSM:

2005-01-16_05-26-55.JPG

Did you get stopped for speeding also???

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

No speeding stop, mostly because some of the true back roads of CR are too rough for speeding! No chance of going over the speed limit.

PSU Fan Platinum 2 Reviews

I have asked for advise on a car rental  - smart move or not? I have read pros and cons, and really need an honest opinion from a seasoned traveler. We speak Spanish, love to enjoy the local culture, and would prefer a car. Is that the way to go or a mistake? We will be traveling to SJO in April and have a reservation at Los Suenos. We appreciate any recommendations!

As indicated in my post above, I had no problem renting a car and it made it a very convenient trip for me. And I don't speak Spanish, so that would work toward your advantage. I particularly felt having the rental car at Los Suenos gave me a lot of flexibility to take day trips out of the hotel.
              Without the Rental car, it would have not been as an interesting trip. I would highly recommend a rental car, noting that you need to be careful and cautious while driving..like renting vehicle in any foreign country..Good Luck...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...