20 Replies Latest reply: May 22, 2013 5:10 AM by painedplatinum RSS

Hall of Fame Properties #2

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Where is your most desired or favorite Marriott Property?

Here's mine:

1.     County Hall Marriott, London, the location and staff are the very best.  It is like being at home.

2,      Renaissance ADT, Paris, What a location, what a staff.

3.     Paris Marriott, CD, no place can be more exciting for "First timer's" going to Paris.

4.     San Diego Marriott Waterfront, what a relaxing place.

5.      Key West, all the properties are so good, like the CY, as they have really been good to me.

6.     Seattle Marriott Waterfront, great CL, walk to Pike Street Market.

7.     JW Marriott Washington DC, few places like it.

8.     Ren. Hollywood, what a memorable place.

9.     Marriott Cap d' Ail, Monaco, great memories, wonderful place.

10.     Copenhagen Marriott, will never forget their Super Bowl party.

These are just mine and I hope to add to the list.  If you have places to ad, please do!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Seattle, Washington, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Seattle Marriott Waterfront
Copenhagen, Denmark
Key West, Florida, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Key West Waterfront
San Diego, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
Hollywood, California, USA Renaissance Hotels Omaha Marriott
Cap d'Ail, France Marriott Hotels & Resorts Riviera Marriott Hotel La Porte de Monaco
Paris, France
London, England
  • Re: Hall of Fame Properties #2
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

How about Marriot Marquis and Renaissance in New York City? Those are hard to beat!!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

JC,

The Annapolis Marriott

The Newport, RI Marriott

I haven't stayed in a few years but both did very nicely with outstanding locations.

Well put!

I do not know these properties, but will look forward to staying!

diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews

This list is a combination of resorts and city properties, and I would have included the Renaissance Chancery Court in London, but I understand it's no longer a Marriott property: too bad, as it's a great hotel in a beautiful, old bldg.

Renaissance Mayflower in Washington

Camelback Inn

Ritz Carlton in Atlanta (the one downtown, not the one in Buckhead)

JW in Las Vegas

Marriott in downtown Minneapolis

Marco Island

Renaissance Standford Ct in San Francisco

diogenes72,

Not stayed at these properties, other than Camelback Inn. Thanks for the addition!  I hope the Camelback is as good on my next trip as it has been in the past.  The reports have not been too good.

The JW in Las Vegas is getting a lot of great views, have not stayed there, but it sounds great.

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

A year ago when using points, I was given a fabulous corner suite on a high floor at the RENAISSANCE in downtown SEATTLE. It is a lovely property. Unfortunately I was flying on to Alaska the next day and only had 12 hours to enjoy it.

I agree Marriott's LONDON COUNTY HALL is a great property especially if one has a Thames view. It can get annoying though with all the crowds one must 'battle' to get across the Westminster Bridge.

The WALNUT CREEK (CA) MARRIOTT is nice, has free parking, and a great concierge lounge offering.

The CRYSTAL CITY MARRIOTT in Arlington, VA was quite impressive when I stayed there 2 years ago and I am returning in a couple of weeks for 5 nights (1 night using a certificate).

Nan,

They had the Westminster Bridge shut down because of the the protestors.

Agree with you about Crystal City Marriott, have stayed there, and the Walnut Creek Marriott sounds great, never stayed there!

jroes006 Platinum 2 Reviews

Was at Crystal City Marriott two months ago. It was outstanding and the staff does a fantastic job.

jroes,

Thanks for the update!

I can't remember, but does the metro run under the hotel?

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

Re: Crystal City Marriott in Arlington, VA - you walk underground directly from the hotel elevator about one block to the Metro. Glad to hear that the hotel remains outstanding. Looking forward to my stay.

Nan,

Enjoy, and give us an update, if you can, about the property.  I remember it being very good, but it was years ago.

Reviving an old post here.....over the past 18 months....

I really enjoyed the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, Germany....Renaissance San Fran Standford Court..... The Mayflower Renn Wash DC......Sydney Harbor Marriott..

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Favorites is too hard!!!!  Agreed, though, on both:

• Mayflower Renaissance in DC - classic;
    • Camelback in Phoenix - unique...

Some other favorites:

• Custom House in Boston - Eagle Suite - truly memorable
    • Budapest Marriott - probably my favorite concierge lounge...
    • Singapore Marriott - location, concierge lounge, buffet....
    • Marriott Guam Tumon Bay - peaceful, killer balcony, nice staff (although the property is aging)
    • JW Marriott Santa Monica - nice...
    • Cosmopolitan in Vegas - high balconies are killer....
    • Buenos Aires - classic, and the Plaza location is terrific...
    • Toronto Renaissance - a baseball fan's dream (with a suite in center field)...

And, Jasper,

• the NYC/Broadway Renaissance is nice, and the Marquis has its advantages and drawbacks, but I still think the 57 is a hidden gem...

ssindc,

Yes, Yes, Yes!

Especially Toronto, what a set up!

Great town.

I'm not noticing any properties from Brazil on these lists....can anyone speak highly for these properties?