1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 17, 2011 10:01 AM by NathalieF RSS

Is it the browser or type of editing?

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Because my IE was updated (was v6, then v7, now v8), I believe there are remnants of the earlier installs which prevents Jive from recognizing my latest update. So my question is posed using either Firefox or Google Chrome, both of which appear the same.

When creating a discussion, I am able to see more font controls as such:

Start a Discussion Fonts.gif

However, when I want to reply to a discussion, my choices are much fewer:

Fewer fonts.gif

So, my question becomes - is it just me or is there "restricted font controls" when replying to a post or discussion? Is this also true for using IE?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Is it the browser or type of editing?
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate
    Currently Being Moderated

Those formatting controls are correct. When creating a post, you have a full editor to format your content. When you post a reply, you can apply basic formatting as the default. However, you can access the full editor when creating a reply by clicking "Use advanced editor" in the upper right corner of the reply box.

advancededitor.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...