3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2011 5:24 PM by razorbackfan RSS

Embedding Pictures

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Can anyone give me step-by-step directions on how to embed pictures in a discussion?  Also, does anyone know how many pictures can be included?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Embedding Pictures
    arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Dear Razorbackfan,

The following is the best I can offer:

1.     Go to "Topics" menu on "home" page, and choose appropriate selection e.g. "Destination"

2.     On the "Destination" page, go to "Actions" menu on right-hand side of screen and make appropriate selection; e.g. "Start a discussion"

3.     Go to that page; on the lower level of the toolbar, you'll see "Insert image"; enter and you'll see a "browse" box, prefixed by three choices - Computer, Uploading and one other I cannot remember.

4.     Enter appropriate data on the images you want to embed in the "browse" box, and enter.

5.     When that image is identified, confirm and the image will appear (it must take a few seconds) on your document.

On the "how many" question, I don't know, but the maximum I've used is three.

Good luck

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Here is what you need. There might be another way, but I always use picture files. (GIF or JPG). However, I can right-click your icon (copy image) and then right-click (paste image) as such: razorbackfan

Select the "camera icon" as shown:

Upload Image.gif

Doing so will bring up the following window (I usually load an image from my computer which is the default location; use the Choose File to browse to the GIF/JPG file you wish to load):

Insert Image.gif

Once the image has been selected (in my case the name of the picture is "Insert Image.gif") it will display. Note the maximum size of any individual image is 2.0 MB. Then in the bottom-right corner of the same window, choose the "Insert Image" button:

Choose file.gif   Insert Image Button.gif

This will place the pictures directly into the post, and text will align with the pictures. Continue editing your post or reply.

Another option to load pictures (rather than embed them within the text), is to use the "Attach Files" process, which is located about three inches below the post you are typing.

Upload File.gif

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

arkwright and pingreeman'

Thank you both for your answers. I'm going to be writing some hotel reviews and wanted to insert the picture, not just the link.  Your instructions seem quite easy to follow.

Razorback Fan