The following is the best I can offer:
1. Go to "Topics" menu on "home" page, and choose appropriate selection e.g. "Destination"
2. On the "Destination" page, go to "Actions" menu on right-hand side of screen and make appropriate selection; e.g. "Start a discussion"
3. Go to that page; on the lower level of the toolbar, you'll see "Insert image"; enter and you'll see a "browse" box, prefixed by three choices - Computer, Uploading and one other I cannot remember.
4. Enter appropriate data on the images you want to embed in the "browse" box, and enter.
5. When that image is identified, confirm and the image will appear (it must take a few seconds) on your document.
On the "how many" question, I don't know, but the maximum I've used is three.
Select the "camera icon" as shown:
Doing so will bring up the following window (I usually load an image from my computer which is the default location; use the Choose File to browse to the GIF/JPG file you wish to load):
Once the image has been selected (in my case the name of the picture is "Insert Image.gif") it will display. Note the maximum size of any individual image is 2.0 MB. Then in the bottom-right corner of the same window, choose the "Insert Image" button:
This will place the pictures directly into the post, and text will align with the pictures. Continue editing your post or reply.
Another option to load pictures (rather than embed them within the text), is to use the "Attach Files" process, which is located about three inches below the post you are typing.