5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2012 7:24 AM by taxman415 RSS

Enforcement of Smoking Cleaning Fee - It does happen!

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I had to comment on a discussion I had this morning while standing outside the hotel (having a smoke - yes, I do smoke). Another gentleman (also a smoker) mentioned he knew a business associate who had smoked in the bathroom (of course with the vent turned on, a "weak" talking point) of a Marriott property somewhere in Minnesota and got charged a $250 cleaning fee recently. My reply, "Great - it's nice to know Marriott is enforcing the program."

Of course he tried arguing that his friend was a Platinum member who spends 100+ nights a year in Marriott properties and that management could have cut his buddy "a break." Zero empathy on my part. In fact, I said, "I'll bet your friend doesn't smoke in airplane bathrooms, does he? Why should a hotel bathroom with rules and policies be treated any differently?"

No answer received; discussion ended.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Enforcement of Smoking Cleaning Fee - It does happen!
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I am glad that Marriott held a firm position on this matter. It is important to enforce the rules regardless of what elite status one has.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Glad to hear that the 'no smoking' is being enforced. I also have zero empathy for the offender. Now, if they could just deal with the other things they seem to not pay any attention to.........although I'd be naive to not realize that their antennae is up for that extra revenue from the offender. They get no extra revenue from taking care of the everyday things that we encounter......just a happy customer.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Cough cough

klaus29 Silver

Dear  Smoker pingreement

here  you have no  change dit  97% non smoker, will anderstand  you.  In Asie  you will   still find  your  luck in  more at 70% marriott  brands   you  can  smoke..

taxman415 Platinum

I personally believe that a $250 charge is not enough... As a nonsmoker that last thing I want to do while on the road or a vacation is stay in a room that has the remnants of smoke in it...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...