2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2011 11:50 AM by ssindc RSS

4 ok 5 No Way??? Really???

jroes006 Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have a family of 5 with kids 8, 6, and 5 yrs old.  Wanted to visit the Cayman Islands, but when I went to book the trip it said that you could only have 4 people per room.  Would Marriott make me get a 2nd room for my young kids?  Doesn't seem like there are many options for families over 4 out there with Marriott.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 4 ok 5 No Way??? Really???
    pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

I would call the hotel directly as what appears on the booking site is not always what happens in reality. Be prepared, though, that sometimes the number of guests per room is regulated by local fire departments and Marriott has no choice but to follow these regulations.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 4 ok 5 No Way??? Really???
      ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

PINGREEMAN is right - sometimes you have to call.  We've found that, after 9/11, a number of taller hotels (specifically in NYC) changed - OK, decreased - their capacities for certain rooms (on the web page) for a number of rooms.  I have no idea how prevalent this practice is, but - again - it's definitely worth a phone call!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...