18 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2011 10:54 PM by lone6star RSS

Calls or emails in advance?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

It use dto be that I'd get an email and from time to time a phone call regarding a forthcoming stay at a full-service Marriott, inquiring as to my needs and wants.  That practice, which I really enjoyed, seems to have been shelved for the time being or forever.  Have any of you gotten these "personal concierge" type calls or emails lately?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Calls or emails in advance?
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I cannot recall ever receiving one of these calls or emails.  guess I'm not as important as you.....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I guess if you are a Super Star Insider like SS, you get these call or emails..I also have never received calls or emails either!!!

Well we can't all be "superstars" can we.  I also got them from Econolodge and Motel 6 back in the day (asking me to return my towels)

Here is a screenshot from one of the aforementioned emails:

virtual.jpg

May I drop your name in hopes of riding your coat tails???  I have never received one of those from Marriott.  I do receive them each time I stay at a Ritz, but those stays are few and far between.

Sure any time, shoeman.  I can provide my CC number as well if you need it.

engineergirl Platinum 1 Reviews

Well, I am indeed privileged...I get one of these every time I'm booked in a full service Marriott.  Now I feel very special, even though it is rare that any request I submit via this tool is ever acknowledged or granted without my asking again when I check in.  But for a few moments there......

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

SS:

Used to get them, but this year I have only received them in advance of a stay at a Marriott Timeshare location when I am going to be there for a full week.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

It must feel very special to get this kind of treatment..I guess I only have 1100 nights or so at Marriotts and don't qualify for this kind of treatment.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Actually, feel lucky. I spend the time to fill out the forms and respond and then..... I think it goes to cyber space somewhere never to be seen again. After having my responses never acknowledged, I just don't bother to fill them out anymore.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS,

I do get them on European Marriott's, but I do not think I have ever got one in the US.

All mine were domestic (US)

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

I have had only a dozen stays at full service Marriotts in the last couple of years, but for each, never got an e-mail.

since we know that mentioning the community manager will get some attention, I have done so.  So, the question to Marriott is "why would there seem to be randomness in a program, "virtual concierge", that all would likely appreciate?

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

To all US based fellow-Insiders,

For what it is worth, and without wishing to cause unwise fluctuations in your blood pressure, I have to say that, in my own experience, the habit of sending e-mails in anticipation of a stay is the norm not only in Europe but also in SE and E Asia and Australia.

As I "mature" in years (if nothing else), I confess to finding it useful (sometimes) to be reminded of where I am supposed to going. As to the next step in the process - I'll leave that to your sympathetic imaginations.

And, to pre-empt any unfounded speculation, I am certainly not of the rank and reputation of SS.

Thank you

srcv67 Platinum

Good call out SS.  I do recall years ago receiving personal phone calls from the property manager usually a week or two in advance of my checking in.

I think they did away with that service in favor of the "Reservation Reminders" that are e-mailed within 7 days of your check-in date.  Every single "Reservation Reminder" I've ever received includes a link to the "Virtual Concierge".  And I have to be honest....I've never used it.

designdeva Platinum 3 Reviews

Received a call from the Cosmopolitan in Vegas a few weeks ago from the Platinum Concierge welcoming me for my upcoming stay and outlining the perks I would receive.  It was very nice and would love that experience more often.

franke Gold 4 Reviews

never got the call. but did get e-mails  but not lately

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

I often stay at the full service Marriott in Miami.  While I don't get a call or e-mail, when I do book the hotel, it asks if there are any special needs I have.  it also ask if there are any specifics i want for my room, such as pillows, desserts, drinks, etc.  It's a nice touch!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...