7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2015 12:23 PM by iahflyr RSS

recommendations for high quality beach resort

pattigw Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I have enough points for a week vacation. Looking for suggestions. Will be traveling with my husband and 10yr old daughter. Looking for a high quality luxury beach resort.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Caribbean
  • Re: recommendations for high quality beach resort
    kenmac33 Platinum 1 Reviews

My wife and I have stayed at Frenchman's Creek Marriott in St Thomas, USVI,  probably eight times.   Fabulous.  If you decide to chose this hotel let me know and i will share alot of info.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

fds002 Platinum

Our First favorite is Marriott Singer Island. Second Ko Olina, Oahu, HI

We really liked the SInger Island property because families with kids had their own pool and pool side bar, while adults only (mostly) had their own pool and bar near by.

Ko Olina is not on a beach but a cove. The cove is great swimming and in a nearby cove you can sorkel and see turtles etc. It will become crowded soon since Disney is opening a property that will share the cove with the Marriott Ko Olina. The Gold Course at Ko Olina is top notch too.

franke Gold 4 Reviews

i really enjoyed the grand cayman resort. great snorkeling right in front of resort beach.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

If you don't mind travelling internationally, the Los Suenos resort in Costa Rica is fantastic.  Not much of a beach, but it offeres you so much more!

ecoeddie Gold 1 Reviews

all the posts are heluful. I agree St Thomas is nice, lots of amentities, nice pool but the beach is small. Grand Cayman does have nice snorkeling right off the beach and lots of food options near by. My wife and I recently spent a week at St Kitts. WOW, It was off season so we felt like we had the beach to ourselves, and some mornings we did. Big beautiful beach, cabannas for everyone, nice pools(3) and good food options both on property and off property. People were friendly, but then most all Marriott folks are.

annmarie Platinum 1 Reviews

MArco Island Marriott in Florida.   Fly into Fort Myers, about 45 minutes south. Spectacular beach, 2 great pools , great staff , love Quinn's on the beach.  One of my fave Marriott resorts.  

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

pattigw,

I second what annmarie suggested Florida Resorts | Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort, Golf Club & Spa , the beach is simply huge and Quinn's has awesome Stone Crab when in season.  The drive from Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) in South Ft. Myers is very very easy as the airport is about 5 minutes from I-75.  There are a number of wonderful restaurants in Marco Island and very close to Naples also filled with great dining.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...