9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2011 4:39 PM by anadyr RSS

Do Hotel managers read this site?

wanttogo Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I believe that hotel managers should be required by Marriott to monitor this site, and they should report back on any comments that have to do with their specific property.  This would allow them to see potential areas of improvement, as well as see areas that are working well.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Do Hotel managers read this site?
    rodrigst Platinum 5 Reviews

Agreed - I think that is a great idea!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

That would be great but likely never to happen.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

With all due respect to previous posters, I do not believe the MRI site is appropriate for hotel managers to monitor as this is a "corporate-sponsored" site for Insiders and "is devoted to exploring travel." In theory, if Corporate is monitoring this site and uses the information to help improve the Marriott experience, then hot topics would (or should) be communicated where appropriate, and if that means down to the hotel managers, so much the better.

I still believe in the "direct contact" method if a particular hotel has something worthy to mention to the general manager whether that be a complaint or a compliment Besides, can you imagine a hotel manager trying to navigate this site to find information about his/her property?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

They seem to enjoy getting emailed copies of reports.  If you copy the entire page and forward to them, my feedback from them has been positive.  It seems they either can't or do not want to partake in MI on a regular basis. 

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

They cannot participate as per T&Cs of this site as stated, "With the sole exception of those employees who are designated to participate in the MR Insiders community by Marriott Rewards, Marriott International Associates, employees, and representatives agree not to post, upload, transmit, distribute, store, create, or otherwise publish or republish content on or from the MR Insiders site." AND "Marriott International employees and representatives also agree not to create identities, or to impersonate other persons or entities, or in any other manner to misrepresent their affiliation with Marriott International."

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Guess we can have this question answered!!!!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

you would think so.  Is there a committee that decided when a question has finally been answered?  I've note that when someone identifies that  question has been answered "correctly", all kinds of bells and whistles go off.  kind of childish if you ask me.....

heatherjt Marriott Associate

I just wanted to add to this thread.  You are correct that as of now our T&C's do not allow associates to participate in the community.  This is a new area of customer servicing and relationship management us, and we want to be thoughtful and purposeful before we open this channel to all our associates.  That being said, we do share your posts and comments with customer support and individual hotels, as necessary, to create awareness around issues and to help celebrate positive feedback.  We'll be constantly evaluating our position on this topic and may ultimately evolve it but for now I echo pingreeman suggestion that if you have a real issue with a hotel the best way to ensure resolution is to contact guest services or the hotel directly. 

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Right on Heather--that personal one to one communication works very well with GMs and other associates in resolving issues.

Thanks

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...