7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2011 2:44 PM by anadyr RSS

Customer Service

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

No not at Marriott but at a car rental company.

The agent at National's Emerald Club solved a problem in just under five minutes and was pleasant doing it.  No rules were cited, no questiosn asked.  I guess that qualifies as my success for this week with a service provider.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Customer Service
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Customer service.........

Just checked into a Marriott property in Delaware. Room key didn't work. Desk attendant thought I was nuts. Came to room. Key didn't work. Left. Came back about five minutes later with about five keys. I guess hoping one would work. One did. "Here you go...all set".

That's it. No other words. No other discussion.....other than me saying I could just take another key with me if he would make it when I went back to the front desk the first time. But, nooooooooo, he wanted to show me I didn't know how to open a door.

I give up. This is really getting bad. Training has become non-existent. Oh, and did I say I was never even recognized for my Platinum status? Only said 'I can't say that name'....so I said it for him and, as I always do, just call me by my first name.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Sorry to hear the lack of customer service. This is becoming more prevalent at Marriotts. I used to treasure the customer treatment from Mariott and now I am sad that they don't seem to be focusing on their customers anymore and only look at us a revenue generators. Unfortunately, this will come back to bite the Marriott if customer service does not get back on track..It will be Marriotts loss!!!!

I blame it on the new site!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

tef6178

you must have misinterpreted the event.  Marriott just spent mucho $$$ training their folks on customer service.......

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Am glad to hear that National does have the 'service' in their game though.

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

I have found a lot of National sites that have been very accommodating and incredibly pleasant to work with.... I've also found some of them that are less so even to the point that I have been on the phone with the regional manager and gone next door to Hertz.  I'm exec elite with them so I do tend to stay loyal but sometimes you just gotta walk away

For me the best customer service at a National site hands down is at the Orange County airport location.  Status mattered to them but it was not important in how they treated folks, everyone was always amazing.

tef, I have had a similar situation at this courtyard in JAX.  The night attendant girl on sundays is nice enough but just seems to have no training.  When checking in late (1 am-ish) I generally am waiting up to 4-5mins to get someone to open the door to the lobby.  I have not been greeted by name any of the times I have checked in, I have not been recognized as a MR member of any level, she certainly didnt seem to know or care about me being a plat prem. member.  I had to ask each time for a room upgrade and her response "well we put you in a room with a mini fridge" ... as if *that* somehow qualifies for an "upgrade".  I have been upgraded as many times as I have not been but each week its the same "well you have a fridge" comment .  I've never once been asked what I'd like for my arrival gift but seem to get my 200 bonus points.  Since the experience has not been unpleasant, rather more like the normal experience these days at properties  I have not mentioned it to the hotel mgmt yet but I do wonder if perhaps it would even change anything.

Dear Zukracer, I am a VIP with them having rented a lot of cars over the last decade.  I have turned down Cadillac Escalades more than i want to remember but recently took them up on their offer of 2011 C Class Mercedes (smallish).  At one point when the Prius II came our (version before this one) they got one for me (and no one else in our region) at my request. Rented it for eight months and 25K miles until I realized the CA Plates had expired (so much for police vigilance).  I did feel morally superior in the car

Bottom line: for the most part National treats me very well. I hope that I live long enough to use up my free days!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...