5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2011 8:19 PM by ssindc RSS

AC Hotels - part of the team, points, etc.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Apparently, as of next month, AC Hotels will be under the Marriott Rewards Umbrella.

AC Hotels by Marriott Joins Marriott Rewards

Experience Europe’s classic cities in a whole new way with AC Hotels by Marriott. And, starting November 8, 2011, enjoy your Marriott Rewards® benefits as you earn and redeem at nearly 90 new four-star hotels in Spain, Italy and Portugal. You’ll be rewarded with 10 points or 1 mile for every dollar spent on room rate.

Lots of options in Spain (dozens), Italy (10), and Portugal (just a couple).

https://www.marriott.com/ac-hotels/directory-design-hotels.mi

Anyone had any experience with AC?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Spain
Italy
Portugal
  • Re: AC Hotels - part of the team, points, etc.
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I have not but look forward to experiences to help me decide whether or not to stay at these properties!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I was looking at European Hotels for a pleasure trip next March. Italy and Spain certainly seem to contain quite a few of these AC Hotels. The cash rates weren't bad. I was surprised that when I checked the box to use Reward Points for payment, most AC Hotels disappeared. I was not aware that they were not participating for reward redemption. Anyone have a reason or update for this?

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Dear ssindc and others,

I submitted rather a long "post"  approximately a week ago - "AC Hotels: Some Comments and Questions" -  on the advent of AC Hotels as part of the Marriott stable". In it, I tried to anticipate some of the questions that will be raised by the arrival of these 85+ hotels. The piece also included some photographs in an attempt to "acclimatize" Insiders to what is likely to be a different experience in certain key respects - design, style and facilities etc.

The facts are these:

1.     "AC Hoteles" and Marriott signed up to a "joint venture" earlier this year. Further details of timing were announced in May.

(a)     The period from May to 8th November are essentially a period of integration and consolidation during which global operating systems - both for the hotels and for Marriott Rewards (MR) - are being recrafted to take account of the new situation, and are then being introduced into the individual hotels.

(b)     8th November is the "vesting" date on which the AC Hotels become part of the MR operation - though, as my post suggests, there are still some unanswered questions about exactly how the new arrangement will work.

2. The "joint venture" essentially feels a gap in the overall Marriott portfolio. Prior to it, Marriott's presence in Spain and, to a lesser extent, Italy and Portugal was limitedmainly to the leisure and vacation segment of the market. With the addition of the AC Hotels - which have a clear urban and business orientation - it now has a competitive, middle-tier presence in the likes of Madrid, Barcelona, Milan,  Florence, Seville, Valencia and more.

I hope this helps a little

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...