8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2011 9:35 PM by anadyr RSS

Chase what matters

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

chase.gifJust got off the phone with Chase concerning the Marriott Rewards Premier Visa credit card. 

Two tidbits of note that came from that call: According to the person with whom I spoke, the Elite Qualifying Nights (EQN) promotion that provides one EQN for every $3,000 will continue in 2012.  This is a nice benefit and I for one am glad that it will continue.

The second thing concerns when those nights will be posted to an account after the spending.  I told the young lady that, in the past, I had seen the EQN post at the same time that I got my statement online.  She told me that was entirely possible but the rules they live by is that it takes about 4 weeks for that to post. I told her that I had seen the points earned for Marriott and non-Marriott spending post at the time I got the statement, sometimes before, but this was news to me.  She agreed (that it was news to me) but suggested that the rule is four weeks.  It's a small thing but I guess important nonetheless.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Chase what matters
    lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Yes, this is true.  On the Premier card do you get a free night certificate each year?  Or is that only for the Signature card?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

You get a free night for a Category 1-5 hotel every year on the anniversary of signing up for the Premier Card. You also get 15 EQNs added to your account at that same time.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I find myself using the Chase Marriott Premiere Visa Credit card less and less since you still get the free night every year on anniverary date and I don't need the 15 EQN's per year or additional nights for the $3,000 spend. However, I will keep the card and use it when I stay at Marriott hotels for the extra bonus points you get when you use the card.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Where can one find the evidence of the night credit for every $3000. I can't seem to find where I'm receiving these nights. Thanks for those that help.

Call the number on the back of the card for customer service and they'll verify the program.  There is no evidence per se, just that program.

PSU Fan Platinum 2 Reviews

I am VERY pleased to learn the night credit per $3000 charged will continue in 2012 and, hopefully, beyond! This benefit has helped me maintain gold status and is a great perk. Due to the added nights and additional points we use this card as much as possible.

On your second point, I believe this may be a change in policy. As you commented, in the past the night as been posted at the same time the statement posted. However, I have noted that the night took 3-4 weeks to post after my last three or four statements while the points post immediately. Honestly, I won't complain as long as it continues as a benefit!

I spoke too soon PSUFAN, that night posted to my account last night!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Thanks!

That is great information.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...