9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2011 4:02 PM by jasper100 RSS

Poll vaulting

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Seems to me that the polling feature on the new site, while a good idea, is not getting a lot of play among us old folks or the newbies on Insiders.  I was going to popst a poll about polls but then I might prove myself wrong!

How does everyone feel about polls of Insiders? Any value, how could they be used more effectively? DO you lie awake thinking you should have answered "other"?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Poll vaulting
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I like the Polls on here. There may not be a lot of science involved, but some of these polls have revealed results that raised an eyebrow or two.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks that's a good point, I appreciate that point of view as well as my own.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

sounds like a love-fest.....

I actually enjoy polls, however, most of these polls have had a dozen or so participants.  not much to get excited about. 

painedplatinum  -  what poll results have raised an eyebrow for you. ?  just curious.

That was not my eyebrow being raised but that of plainedplatinum.  Takes a lot to raise my eyebrows since they are Andy Rooney heavy!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Shoe-zy,

The one poll that I found very interesting was the Concierge Lounge Poll.  There is quite a bit of griping on here concerning quality standards, hours of operation, unwanted guests, etc.  I would have thought this poll would be big time negative. The results came back overwhelmingly (3 to 1 or greater) with mainly good ratings. Tweaking suggested, but overall pretty darn good.  Did that surprise you?

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

I have enjoyed creating a few polls and also participating in a few. Early on, some polls were being built with "no possible choice" relevant to my opinion. Hence, I strongly suggest that all polls have an "Other - please leave comment" choice so that I can still vote but also leave a comment. This allows me not only to vote, but I can then go to the BROWSE > POLLS and put on a filter for those I have not yet voted upon:

Poll filtering.gif

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I would like to see more particpation in the polls. With little participation, Marriott clearly will not listen. However, with an overwhelming reaction to the poll maybe could get them to listen. Marriott would be foolish if they don't pay attention to their most loyal customers who are also many of the insiders.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...