16 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2011 2:34 PM by anadyr RSS

Posting?  A suggestion for change.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Seems to me that the number of posts shown per individual might be a tad misleading and subject to poster inflation. 

Why not count only those posts which are originated by the poster and not those that are replied to I have been guilty of providing one word responses to a post but this counts equally to those trenchant ones that I've labored over to make perfect and generate interest!

Takers, comments, disparagements?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Posting?  A suggestion for change.
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I don't know steppingstones..I am not sure this number is meaningfull anyway??? I am not sure they would want to overwork this issue!!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Back in the day, 2008, there was a most frequent Insider thingie on the site (two versions ago), so this is a return to the way it was (or we were).  Seems that the posting numbers are an incentive for some (not me of course) to load up their number of posts.  In a way, despite what V. Lenin said, quality is not a product of quanity!!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Is there some type of prize for the most posts that I'm missing?

I'll go on record that if there is someone out there who wants to have more posts, badges, good answers, thoughtful polls, etc,...I'll allow the powers that be to transfer any numbers I have to that person. You can reset my total to zero every midnight and credit the folks that live and die by these numbers.  Anyone else out there that wants to help the common cause?

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Also... I agree to address everyone who's big into titles by Doctor, General, Admiral, or any other superlative moniker to assist in their lofty place on earth.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I'd have no problem if they did away with the posting (points???) totals and the foolish names (rookie, novice, etc..) I'd be happy with nothing. I like the profiles and pictures, but that's it for me.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

P.S.

I like seeing and doing those 'tongue-in-cheek' responses that sometimes can be one liners or one worders. Gotta have a little fun sometimes......and I took an 'extra' post reply to say it......

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

ok..give me one more post also!!!  LOL

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

I would do away with the # of posts, who cares?  If you have something to share or help with that is what matters!  The same feeling with titles, it only makes me feel "Old" rather than "Experienced"!

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

IMO, I would rather omit number of posts and have more members choose "Like" to drive activity. But of course, this would require a way to view items by "Most liked."

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

I just ignore the total number of posts as well.  I am looking to help others here based on my past experiences, and would look to others to provide the same info when I request it.

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

I tend to agree with those who say eliminate the number of posts and the classifications. It's not as if a post actually gives us a reward point. I post when I see an interesting topic or response and believe that I have something to add. I try to add substantive responses, but, I must admit, I will sometimes post a humorous response that does nothing to further the discussion than, I hope, make some of you chuckle.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

seems like ss is the only one who really cares about the number of posts.  Let's all give our post points to him.  "the guy with all the marbles wins"........

ss  - you win!

Since I missed out on the Nobel and Pulitzer I accept with profound gratitude and humility.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

nhtraveler  - thanks for that.  we all enjoy a laugh or even just a smile.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...