1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 10, 2011 11:40 AM by tef6178 RSS

New Courtyard Design - What do you think?   Based on bad experiences at Whippany NJ Courtyard

stevep Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Have stayed at the Whippany Courtyard for last 3+ years with ~ 250 nights logged.   For years, the renovations was planned, cancelled and finally years later started and completed this summer.   However, the new design doesn't work well for me and wondering in other points of view.

Tolerated a summer of construction thing this would be good.   While they put new carpeting, wall paper, and the new layout,  Marriott has missed the mark here.

-AC/heating system never updated.  Very loud with manual dial and no way to set for individual settings.

-Elevators continue to break down.  Not part of "renovation" obviously.

-They took out fitness equipment and  TV's don't work frequently still.

- Dining has very long lines and can't even get what they advertise on menu.   I so do miss the buffet breakfest which was fast and easy!   This new format is a disaster so far.

So after experiencing this following the "grand renovation", I have had it with this Courtyard property at 157 Rt 10 in Whippany NJ and will no longer be staying there. 

Wondering if others think Marriott has completly missed the mark on what they are doing and not doing with "revnovations". 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Whippany, New Jersey, USA

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...