Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2011 12:36 PM by anadyr RSS

Roulette

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I notice that posts are appearing from a year ago or more.  Is this due to their tags at the time?  Help!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Roulette
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

When a reply is made to an old posting, it jumps that post to the front of the current line.....position number one.  So, if new members are reading posts from 1862 and they reply to that post, it comes to the front of the new 'Browse' page and the front of whatever 'category' page it is posted within.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

So my live feed from the Appomattox Courthouse Marriott will be read soon?  Spoiler Alert, Lee Surrenders!

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Where exactly are you finding posts from > 12 months? I sort my view to allow the most recent updates (aka activity) to show first. A post from > year ago will show in this list if recently commented/updated, but of course by the date (descending) it was updated.Sort Content.gif

Let me check if I can find it.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Hi Pingreeman,

I find very old postings frequently.  SS is right that they go back to when a subject first appeared.  When people started commenting on my posts from last spring, I started noticing.  However, as I use the site less and less frequently, I don't really care.

ProfChiara

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

SS sent me a private message and my reply is worthy to share:

I found the one to which you are referring at New Marriott Rewards Credit Card Benefits for 201...

Click on the link and about the fifth comment down (davidr) posted a comment on October 10, 2011. Continue down and Jasper posted comment on same day. Bottom post was on 10/09 by lone6star. The reason this showed up as an "older post" in your communications is because your username was part of the original string of comments AND there was recent activity which puts the post into your communications view. Once you post a comment, you are "tracking" the post/blog/whatever until you intentionally select the "stop tracking" action on the right-side of the page. On an aside, I think there's a bug with older blogs as the "stop tracking" button is not there. Updated the QA document at http://www.marriottrewardsinsiders.marriott.com/docs/DOC-1032/edit?containerType=14&container=2008

Almost private message that is. But I digress.  Too bad other aspects of the new site are not as historical: years in program, total nights stayed, etc.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

ProfChiara

I'm with you.  Let Rome Burn.......  I'll just keep fiddling.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS,

The old posts can be found under "Groups and Topics"!  It looks like when you "Revive" one of these oldies, it appears in the Browse section.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...