Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2011 1:55 AM by anadyr RSS

Active Listening

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

"Active listening is a communication technique that requires the listener to understand, interpret, count and evaluate what they hear. The ability to listen actively can improve personal relationships through reducing conflicts, strengthening cooperation, and fostering understanding. When interacting, people often are not listening attentively. They may be distracted, thinking about other things, or thinking about what they are going to say next (the latter case is particularly true in conflict situations or disagreements). Active listening is a structured way of listening and responding to others, focusing attention on the speaker. Suspending one's own frame of reference, suspending judgment and avoiding other internal mental activities are important to fully attend to the speaker."

Rather than post a poll I was wondering if we could have a show of hands about whether Marriott Rewards is listening to the comments that have been posted here about the new site and more disturbingly about the lodgings themselves?

I know there's a tendency to play that ain't it awful game when a negative opinion is posted ("Yeah, that happened to me too...") but seems to me that the tenor of Insiders has gone negative and big time.  I guess there are multiple reasons for this, and we can point to one thing or another as the root cause, but in my view it's happening.

The solution is for someone, perhaps the Community Manager, to step in and give us a state of the site report, an unvarnished one,to clear the air (hopefully)

Anyone else agree?

• Re: Active Listening
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I think both a State of the Site Report is warranted as well as whether anything has been done in terms of issues raised by loyal Marriott Insiders over the past year about changing conditions at Marriott hotels, whether it be the Concierge Lounge, lack of recognition of loyalty, bad rooms, or whatever.

I second your motion.
    ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hi Steppingstones – to be sure I interpret your post correctly, are you asking how we’re addressing specific site changes/requests from members?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

That as well as your take on the site, it's usefulness, any glitches, any successes, traffic counts versus the old site, etc.

PM me if you'd like more information.

I think any new venture deserves a status report and hope you agree.

Have a good weekend and thanks for the response.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thanks for the clarification. I'll have information like this with posts to the Community Manager's Corner blog, stay tuned.

Excellent--will everyone know when it's posted and where?

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I believe the "greeting and recognition" at check in is being addressed. Wasn't there a post on here from someone about this. A Marriott associate responded with a description of the training and follow up they were under taking.......maybe I dreamt it.

Yes it was.  Someone from corporate responded and cleared this up.  I was hoping that we'd see more than this greeting when we check in.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...