5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2015 11:48 AM by carat RSS

Did you notice? Membership level is hidden!

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I was trying to filter MRI members by membership level as shown:

People - filter on membership.gif

That's when I noticed that in setting up a profile, the only choice for displaying membership level is "Yourself."

Membership level.gif

So much for having badges that display our membership!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Did you notice? Membership level is hidden!
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Pingreeman,

Thanks for letting us know!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Good catch Pingreeman.  I vote for you as webmaster and Community Manager adjunct!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Pingreeman,

When I had looked at that setting, I interpreted it and the field above it (Rewards Number) as having "yourself", as protecting that field from users updating it.  Otherwise, someone could call themselves Platinum when they were a different level.  I think this and the number are not supposed to be changeable by the user because it is populated from your account information (hence yourself).  When I look at someone's profile, it shows their level, but it doesn't show their number, because you wouldn't want others to know that.  I would think if we get other badges, they would either have to add another field that is configurable, or just download other badges you deserve, again based on your account.  Does this answer correctly refer to the topic the way you meant, or was I misinterpreting what you were saying?

phille Platinum

I know this is an old post, but I thought I would post with the hopes of receiving an answer. 

The logic above makes sense; that the level is automatically populated to prevent people from 'elevating' their standings. I seem to be in the opposite boat.  I have been a Platinum Premier for 5 or so years now and my Marriott Rewards profile has always been correct.  However, on this site, I am showing as a Platinum, instead of a Platinum Premier.  Now I don't personally care, except that is I were to contribute to a discussion, saying I am a Platinum Premier, then someone checks my profile and it shows that I am a Platinum.  So, my question, is how can I get this fixed?

I tried to send a direct message to the community manager, but when I selected "SEND" from on the message, I only received a red bar at the bottom of the IE window with an embedded "CLOSE" button.  Whether I selected that button or not, the message window never disappeared and the message never sent...no errors were displayed to the screen.

thanks for any replies.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hello phille.  On behalf of all moderators, we'd like to help answer this question.  You can either reach out to NathalieF, myself, or one of the other moderators, deannad or lindseyh. Would you mind trying to send the message again?  Thanks in advance

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...