5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2011 9:26 AM by jasper100 RSS

Irony

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Staying at a Courtyard and tried to log into Insiders.  No one had updated the IE browser (6) which is not supported by the vendor here, Jive.  Then with Chrome (which I installed byapssing the download blocker) I find that the Marriott.com and Insiders sites have an expired security certificate!!!!

Amazing.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
San Luis Obispo, California, USA
  • Re: Irony
    pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

The IE issue was one of the first QA issues I noted (see http://www.marriottrewardsinsiders.marriott.com/docs/DOC-1032). Even though I upgraded my laptop to IE v8, I believe their is some remnant left behind from IE v7 or V6 that makes Jive continue to think I have v6. Poor quality assurance by Jive.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

IE6 is not supported by a lot of other programs, as well.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

I'm admittedly not the IT server expert, but I'm not sure why you received the message. I've confirmed the security certificates are up to date and in working order. We're also looking into your IE question pingreeman and will be in touch to see if we can isolate the cause.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

I completely uninstalled IE8 and IE7 on my Windows XP machine. I also ran several utilities that "scrub" any remnants of previous software installs, including some registry cleaners. I then re-installed IE8, but the "we have detected IE6" continues with the jive login.

I am stymied.

But I do have the latest versions of both Firefox and Chrome and these seem just fine.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Wow..you are good..I don't understand any of this, but then again guess I don't need to!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...