Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2011 3:09 PM by anadyr RSS

The stumble

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

All this new Insiders kerfuffle reminds me of that moment, years ago, when Nordstrom's Department Stores, a venerable and elegant business, decided to jazz up their image and their merchandise.  The customers like me stopped coming and the clerks were unable to explain the change.

Sound familiar?

PS:  the reply function seems to be not working well for me.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Seattle, Washington, USA
  • Re: The stumble
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Steppingstones,

I agree with you on your comparison of the similarities.  I think you have seen me on the site a lot more in the last month, than I was previously.  For the longest time I was only on the old site as a "viewer', trying to glean knowledge.  Even before the new site came online, I was seeing a lot from Elite members at all levels that concerned me, such as the erosion of point and level values, brand inconsistencies when it comes to taking care of Elite members at all levels, and the list goes on.  I am trying to become more involved because I got to the point where I was going to have to sit by, or figure out how to be part of a hopeful improvement.  I am in a different category than many of you senior members because I only traveled for work, and stayed at Marriott Hotels, for 4 or 5 years.  Now my current job only requires work travel a couple of times a year on average, but we stay at Marriott Brands for leisure whenever we can, to take advantage of the few rewards we have accrued over the years, and we love the nice Marriott Hotel brands. 

I just filled out the Stewards Application because I feel strongly enough about trying to implement some of the things we have all talked about, to improve the usability and continuity of the site, and to find a way to get better feedback to the people who can influence change.  I may not get accepted because of my lower experience level, but I will have at least tried.  The main reason I applied, was the hope that the Stewards might have a better chance of working closely with people who can help implement, or at least run up the flagpole, some of the changes we all would like to see.  If I don't get selected, I would be happy to find out who the Stewards are, and how to communicate with them regularly, so we can still have a clearer voice.  I'll let you know if I hear any news of how this is all going.  Maybe our changes will have to be one small step at a time, but is sure beats standing still and finding you are sliding backwards (sometimes at an alarming rate!).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I do notice that if I haven't had activity in a little while and my "reply" is gone, that I go up and look and I have to click the "sign in" on my account, and it gives me the reply again.  In that case, it seems that it thinks I am an unregistered user and can't reply until it again recognizes who I am, and that I'm allowed to reply.  Don't know if that is what you were experiencing, or not.

Now it's working.  Must have been the time out function as you said.

I wish you all the best in your quest to be a Steward.  You have the right qualifications I am sure.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

On the previous version, I can't ever remember being 'timed out' by the system. Could do other things, leave the Insiders page sitting idle for hours, go back to the Insiders page I had left it on and continue as though I had never left.

This version doesn't work that way. No postings or activity over a short period of time, they (the system) time you out, sign you off internally and you have to sign in again.

Yep so true

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...