This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

18 Replies Latest reply: Apr 7, 2012 6:01 PM by alrenaissance RSS

Why does the Participation Meter not Sort Properly????

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Can anyone tell me why the Participation Meter does not sort properly..Another System Glitch?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Why does the Participation Meter not Sort Properly????
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hello jasper100. Could you elaborate on what you're noticing with the participation meter or what you're expecting?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Yes..for example, I have close to 300 posts yet I am not even shown on the first page on the participation meter. Don't know if it is only with my sorting or a glich in the system. I notice that others don't sort properly also.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Jasper,

Yes, how does Marriott determine participation?  Just like you, I cannot understand how they come up with the numbers.

Jerry Coin,

The Participation meter goes up one for each of your postings. It goes up 3-4 if you answer a question correctly. For example, this post will give me 300. Prior to this post I was at 299.

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Hi Jasper,

Sorry to bring up old hash, but if you get this message, can you please enlighten me on what a "correct answer" is?

Thanks, Al.

The Correct Answer is an art and not a science. It is "in the eye of the beholder". In otherwords, it is decided by the poster if they feel the answer is only a helpful answer, if it is the correct answer or decides not to award either.

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Thank you. So I assume if I ask a general question, or start a discussion, I am then able to issue the respondant one of these based on the answer. Sorry, I am somewhat new at this forum, so do I acknowledge by hitting "like", or will a different menu pop-up that I have never seen before when I make start a question or discussion. For example, if I hit "like" now on your helpful response, what would happen?

Thanks for your help Jasper, I am just trying to get a hold of the ropes in these cool forum.

Al

A different menu item would pop-up giving you (as originator) the opportunity to give a helpful answer, a right answer or not responding at all!! This choice would be given to each individual responding to the originator's listing!!!

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Jasper100

You're right - I just checked it out - your placement in the pecking order is inexplicable!

Inquiring minds want to know why....

• Why does the Participation Meter not Sort Properly????
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I'd ask the CM about this, he must know

I have asked the CM...I am glad to see other having the same sorting issue...

I thought hitting the 300 mark moved me from novice to apprentice..Guess I was wrong!!!

oops..301 did move me from novice to apprentice..so 301 is the magic number to change your participation from novice to apprentice!!!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

I'll look into the sorting order of users by participation meter. I do see that a few profiles are displayed out of order according to their participation points at http://www.marriottrewardsinsiders.marriott.com/people?filterID=all&sortKey=all~statusLevelDesc&sortOrder=0. As you complete activities across the site, you'll accumulate participation points for activities like posts, replies, status updates, etc.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

The system apparently did NOT convert user profiles correctly.

If you sort on MRI members, the # of posts that are out of order are for profiles that have "carryover" posting badges from the old site (or I should say too many badges or not enough). See what I mean here:

Participation Meter.gif

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...