16 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2011 1:00 PM by anadyr RSS

How does a question get answered?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I see that Insiders are asking questions all the time and even though they are answered, the original post is marked "This question is not answered."  How can that work and what can we do to make the question answered?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How does a question get answered?
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I believe I see in my original question/post that when someone replies, like I am doing now, that the person who originates the post can select whether that is a good answer.  If you do that with this reply, does it go to answered?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I believe that tryt53 is correct. A question I asked in an earlier post was answered and I mis-clicked and the 'This question is answered' appeared. Trial and error....the error worked. The trial continues........

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Yes, the only way it gets answered is by the originator indicating so!!!!

and by the way, the person who is the originator, once he indicated that the question has been answered, the person who gets credit for answering gets, I believe, 3 points in the participation meter...Interesting!!!

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Jasper is correct as shown here:

Legend - Answers.gif

The originating poster of the question can then rate all the replies with the "best" answer yielding 4 points to the responder as well as marking other good (aka "helpful") replies yielding 3 points to the responder. So if someone wants a LOT of points, they give lots of answers and hope they get rated Correct or Helpful.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

don't respond...leave the clicks empty

so to answer a question you don't?

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

In regards to my question post about...Insiders, where are you?....I have purposely left the question as unaswered because I am of the hope that fellow Insiders will continue to respond with their travel adventures and we can get some discussion to revolve more around what we are mostly here for and have been here for....travel issues, insights, adventures and advice.

Perfectly reasonable TEF.  I see that some posts are finally about travel, which is heartening.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

That seems logical.  I think if you tag some of the responses as "helpful", but not the "right answer", it may still leave the question in an unanswered state, and just give the ones 3 points that you mark as helpful.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

If you feel that the question has "not yet" been answered, then, yes, don't respond.  The idea would be that the questioner leaves it empty as replies come in that aren't quite solving the problem. The questioner can always clarify his/her issue to aid the folks that are trying to be helpful, but......if you click that it has been answered, you're signaling problem solved.

Glad you have finally got all the answers you need on how does a question get answered!!!!

I was sleepless not in Seattle but Monterey over it, but now I know!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...