16 Replies Latest reply: Oct 6, 2011 12:51 PM by nhtraveler RSS

Points for food and beverage

designdeva Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

On a recent stay I charged over $150.00 to my room in food and beverage purchases and I didn't receive points for these expenses only the room charge.  I believe in the past I have received points for all money spent at a property.  Is my memory faulty or have the rules changed?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Points for food and beverage
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

No the rules have not changed..You should get points for food and beverages. I would call Marriott Customer service and they will get you the points. You will probably have to fax them a copy of the invoice to attest to these charges.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Was it at a Courtyard or Fairfield Inn?  Food and drink don't count toward points with them as I found out to my great expense after a long trip at one Courtyard.

ProfChiara

Prof, I did not realize that at Courtyard or Fairfield Inn that Food and drink does not count toward points. I ususally don't stay at these chains but thanks because I will never charge these items to my bill in the future.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I have never charged anything at these kinds of hotels either.  Good to know anyway--thanks!

Prof, good to see your post.  Haven't seen much from you lately and have missed your helpful insights.  It was actually one of the Autograph collection properties.  I didn't want to call until I was sure there hadn't been a change of policy. 

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Hi DesignDiva,

I just don't have the time now that college classes have started, besides I'm leaving for France tomorrow (and staying at the Crowne Plaza Toulouse) to write on this new site.  I actually tried to start a discussion (maybe one of you can do it for me) using every possible forum offered after Create.  My point was one Marriott might not like.  I was going to title (and tried four times) "Just Joined the Community."  It was not intended as a criticism but simply to ask all these people who have "just joined the community" to post.  I feel like I scroll down endlessly till I find something.  Except for pets on planes, I've been sticking to private messages, because that's manageable. 

It's funny -- I thought I hated the old Insiders after the April 2010 change.  It just doesn't compare to this change.  I don't feel it's a travel site anymore.

ProfChiara

PS -- I will report back after fall break how the CP Toulouse and Priority Club treated me (they comped Platinum status).

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Hi Prof!

I feel you on this subject.  However, nothing will change,except maybe our attitudes.  It's a social site now,   no longer a travel site.  I suppose the many new members will soon form the site into what they want it to be.  We will simply be visitors on their site.

safe travels

shoeman

Have a great trip and I hope they treat you as you deserve to be treated.  Look forward to hearing your experiences.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Yes,

Have a great trip!  I am not interested in a social site, I want a travel site!

By the way that should be 10 points for every dollar spent as well as your Platinum Bonus up and above that. So make sure you get those points. I am sure it is just an oversite by the hotel you were at..Alternatively, call up the hotel you stayed at and ask them why you did not get the points and I am sure they would correct the oversite.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I have seen it happen both ways and try to correct the folio so that all charges are point counters.  Parking is  a particular headache for points since many parking garages are run by concessionaires and therefore not considered Marriott charges, even though they appear on the bill.  Taxes are generally not points earning as you know.  But everything else should be.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I just received full points plus 50% bonus points for my parking fees at the Marriott Boston Wharf.

Great Shoeman.  Am happy to report just spoke to customer service and the made the adjustment to my account.  Took about 60 seconds and all was complete.  Good service is so appreciated.

Thanks for all the help.  Now that I know there was a mistake I will get it corrected.

Congratulations..I am glad you got this sorted out..

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

My experience has been the same as Shoeman 1000. And I agree with the rest of you RE: the new Insiders site. I want a travel site, not a social network.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...