7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2011 1:29 PM by nhtraveler RSS

early checkout

sacerdos15 Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Elite members have had the opportunity to have late checkout.One time this was denied me and I had to call Marriott to tell them to give it to me.They did.Now I see that besides the exception of "availability" there is a new one for resorts.Whats next?An elite member who stayed at the Delray Beach Marriott said they do not allow for late checkouts.But the hotel is not listed in the directory as a resort even though it is on the beach (or across from it).I know the vacation properties do not allow it but that is understandble but resorts?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: early checkout
    pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Perhaps there was an "availability" problem at your beach-front property, a highly likely popular hotel with high occupancy rates and the need to flip rooms for new arrivals?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

I have never been denied a late checkout when requested. I recently had a reservation at the Delray Beach Marriott booked and while I had to cancel (I ended up having to stay at a Marriott closer to where I was actually going to be), I called their front desk to check on late checkout as their hotel website specifically stated that there would be a charge for late checkout. Upon speaking to the front desk, I was told that I could be accommodated and that there would not be a charge.

While I appreciated the fact that had I stayed there I would have received a late checkout, it was frustrating to have to call ahead to arrange it. I just didn't want to get into an argument when I was there. (My traveling companion hates it when I do that, even when I'm simply standing up for my rights!)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

NH,

Why is it I can go to places by myself, get upgrades, and never have an issue.  When I seem to take someone special I regularly have problems.  Typical, a room with no bathtub, bad room location, have to wait an hour to check-in, or whatever.  Like you I really do not like to have problems with the front desk.

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

Jerry, So true. It never fails, does it?

• early checkout
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

It has never happened to me but there have been times when it was limited in hours past the real checkout.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I've never been told no to the late checkout. I had a conversation with a GM of a Marriott in New Jersey. He mentioned that it is extremely rare when they wouldn't be able to accommodate a late checkout up till 1PM. After that, they run into staffing issues to be able to get rooms ready for incoming on high capacity days. He also shared that there were lots and lots of people who want a late checkout to last till 6PM. Those issues are usually around groups having meetings in the hotel or sporting events (i.e.. soccer tourneys). I can't imagine any hotel going for that.  

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Same with me!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...