8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2011 8:36 AM by jerrycoin RSS

Real name in edits

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Watch when you edit these posts, since it appears your actual name will appear in the edited by tag if you choose that option.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Real name in edits
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Wow...Marriott needs to fix that..that is not right!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

SS:

When you refer to edits of postings and talk about choosing tags, are you referring to the privacy settings in the 'Edit Profile' page or is there a tag on the edit page that makes the profile/privacy selection?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

In posting I misspelled a word after the post cleared. I went back to edit (right hand sidebar) and chose that option from the list.  My post came up again, and after the fix there is a checkbox that says "add edited by real name"  In this case real name is mine, not Stepping Stones. I did not chance the edited post with this checked, so I did not add that to the edited post.

Wow, that's not a good situation. I'm even more glad that when I saw my real name show up on a post I did that I was reading I changed my real first name to tef and my last name to 6178. That way, if I get tripped up, I won't be showing my real name online. When you have a last name that is only one of about three that show in a search, you've got an unusual last name. Makes one easy to find.....no thanks.

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

tef6178, Thank you for the great idea. I couldn't believe that my real name was showing on posts made on the new site even after setting the privacy setting to show to "myself" only. Let's see it putting nh in as my first name, and traveler as my last works!

nhtraveler

nhtraveler:

The only difference you will see is that there will probably be a space between nh and traveler.

Maybe a trend is beginning!

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

I was even luckier - I never added my real name to my profile when this new site started. Even though First/Last is required, I am leaving it blank. Of course, I cannot change anything else on the profile page as the save then prompts for First/Last name.

Profile Name Blank.gif

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...