7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2011 7:21 PM by anadyr RSS

No more EQNs for PLEs?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

OK admittedly I have too much time on my hands to be productive in other things so I was thinking of ways to improve Marriott Rewards.

For starters, I asked myself, why do Platinum Lifetime Elite (PLE) members need to have any Elite Qualifying Nights (EQNs) at all since (other than Platinum Premier annual qualifying) there is no need to earn even one single night, once you've satisfied the PLE criteria.

EQNs have no value other than status maintenance or earning and for PLEs this is not relevant.

So, give those of us who've made this lofty level the chance to earn more points rather than nights.

Here's my suggestion--give PLE members a bonus of 100% on top of of points earned rather than 50% and an EQN for every night stayed.  This would impact no other member except the PLE in terms of points, might make the Platinum Premier level a little more accessible, and give us points, since that's the real reason we use Marriott and are members of Marriott Rewards.

No other program does this so Marriott could be the first.

Comments?

• Re: No more EQNs for PLEs?
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I like that suggestion. As a PLE, it would encourage me to stay even more at Marriotts rather tham spreading my hotel stays to other chains. Great Idea!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Makes sense to me! 

Good idea!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Same here - good idea.

One reason a PLE earns EQNs is for an opportunity to earn Platinum Premier status.Given there is very little difference between the two statuses (a dedicated 800# for PPs),  I'll admit this is a weak reason to earn EQNs for PLEs.

(Chant:)  PLE's of the world, unite!  No more EQNs,No More EQNs!

This year along it could have given me enough points for a very nice trip!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

count me in!  the bad news, I fear no one is listening..........

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Let me see, being the devils advocate.........you have no elite nights posting anymore since you are Lifetime Platinum.....so here is the registration process as it unfolds......in October of any year....

Hello, Mr SS:

First night this year, eh? Well, guess I can't say thanks for the business....where you been? No upgrades for you! Try us more often and we'll see next time....still want those points as a gift?

Just kidding, but can't you see it?

Not that far fetched tef, and considering the state of things, most likely I will be the test case!  I'll show them my Club Marquis luggage tag, and they will then be suitably impressed (as I would be).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...