27 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2012 10:12 AM by lone6star RSS

I just got a badge for 50 posts

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Interesting since I have over 200posts? Wonder what the criterea is for getting the 50 posts badge???

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: I just got a badge for 50 posts
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Probably a glitch of some sort. In the old version, my profile had the 150 posts badge. This new site had a 50 posts badge when it started up. It then changed to a 150 posts badge, then a few days later back to a 50 posts one. I guess it's some sort of bug, or whatever......

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

No doubt it is based on something other than counting?  Perhaps it is location from where sent, phase of the moon, number of continents visited, times in solitary confinement, divided by zero of course

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Glad you pointed this out!

Never understood how this worked, and now really confused?

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Funny - over the  weekend, I thought I had an extra badge, but now it's gone.  I'm hoping that - with extensive counseling - I can deal with the loss.  Not that I'll ever understand it, mind you.....

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Who uttered this line in what movie......We don't need no stinkin' badges!!

Who wrote the lyrics....Mama, take this badge away from me, I can't use it any more

Who wrote...The Red Badge of Courage

OK, I'll bite:

Number one: Probably most famously spoken in Blazin' Saddles

Number two: I can still play it on my Gretsch Country Gentleman guitar as written by Bob Dylan

Number three: Some dead guy, it's really old

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Tef,

Well put, "I'll bite"!

Jerry:

A little 'tongue in cheek' never hurts..........I didn't think anyone would 'sniff it out'. Well done. One merit badge...and a treat...for you.

Badges:  Lots of folks

Two: Eric Clapton

Three: Stephen Crane in a wonderfully poetic novel of war and remembrance.

Ah, yes...Stephen Crane. Thanks SS for remembering it. I knew you would. Howeverish....the Clapton version of Knockin on Heaven's Door was a remake of the song originally written by Dylan.

Dylan for all his genius in  writing songs does not have Eric's voice

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

When I click on my profile, I see one badge (circle), and when I put the pointer on it, it reads platinum.  Is there any explanation anywhere on this website that talks about or explains the badge system?

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I must have done something wrong..The 50 post badge is no longer there...Guess you cannot count on any badge that you get will be there the next day. And I thought I was getting close to being an Eagle Scout..

Jasper100 - I don't get it - I also (briefly) had a badge, but I too lost it.  My guess is that 50 posts must refer to original posts and not responses or replies.  I guess I'll just have to find personal and professional fulfillment and achievement elsewhere.

Alas, I do fear I'm spending more time trying to figure out this web page - which, alas, I do find marginally entertaining - than I spend learning or sharing information about the rewards program, the hotels, etc.  But that's my fault....

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thanks for bringing this up. The 50 and 150 post badges are based on discussions and replies but the badges should not disappear from your profile. I will look into this and get back to you.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. We've been able to identify the problem and will be releasing a fix during a maintenance update this evening.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

I was just noticing the badges that people have.  I have 157 posts as of this writing, and do not have the 150 badges in my profile yet.  How long does it take?  Also, what is the next level to attain?

It look like you're right on the cusp with 149 posts, so your next reply should be the 150 post milestone. There's a script that runs daily for these kinds of changes so the badge may not immediately appear. Based upon the amount of your activity within the site, here are the participation meter levels What is my Participation Meter?

Thanks for the link.  Before this post i am at 158 posts, and still no badge.

Thanks for the new badge and update in my profile!

travelvlaan Member

glad for you @Jasper100 but how do you get other kinds of badges? It is really discouraging to be a rookie and advancement is so slow.

but I am grateful for the points I got for participating in the scavenger hunt. Thanks Community Manager!

TRAVELVLAAN - dunno if you were joking when you wrote "It is really discouraging to be a rookie" or not, but - since this website went live - I've tried to suggest to MR that calling valued customers things like NOVICE and ROOKIE was antithetical to everything anyone knows about customer service.

I've also tried suggesting to them that the folks who might be most insulted by these labels - new visitors to the Insiders web page of a certain age (let's say, over 60), in a certain income bracket (let's call it "wealthy"), who are most likely to stay in the nicest rooms in the most expensive Marriott hotels, might also be the kind of people who don't spend a tremendous amount of time in these types of web environments. Maybe it's not a good idea to risk offending them.  How many people do you know that fit this description that would tolerate having a ROOKIE or NOVICE badge next to their name ANYWHERE?

The Community Manager responded on this issue in the discussion of PARTICIPATION METER THRESHOLDS. I encourage you to read it.

Look, I served in the Army for many years.  I've been called much worse things that ROOKIE and/or NOVICE.  Call me whatever you want on this website. But I remain flabbergasted that some executive at Marriott hasn't stepped in and told the tech-nerds that - under no circumstances - does the Marriott group EVER address ANY customer in a way that might be perceived as demeaning or insulting.  Ah well, live and learn.

travelvlaan Member

yout suggestions should have been taken seriously because I have spoken to several people that agree with you that it is insulting. Thanks for your service in the Army !

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I prefer that Marriott employees just.call me Sir.

SSinDC, amen to your post.  Worst thing I was called in the Army was Lieutenant!  And Butter Bar.  But thanks for your service.

SS, all kidding aside, I loved the Army.  The Army put me through school (in style) and launched my career.  The Army let me live abroad and infected me with the travel bug. (My dad was Army too, and he pinned on my butter bar and my wings -- yup, they even let me jump out of perfectly good air planes. And I'm proud that he's buried in one of the nation's finest tourist attractions, Arlington National Cemetery.) And, if you're on active duty, Marriott's military discount is terrific! But I digress....

• I just got a badge for 50 posts

SSin DC, I have also been to  funerals at Arlington, too many in fact. But I honor the service your father gave to this country as I do yours.  My saddest moments come when I look at the black granite wall on the Mall in DC that houses the names of many good friends and about 40% of my classmates from Fort Benning. 

We did what we had to do when we had to do it.  My short three years in the Army was a learning and a growing up experience.  Now I am as old as the father or should I say grandfather for most of these young men and women in service.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Incoming Links